It is getting about time for soup, my friends. And taco soup is one of my family’s favorites. I usually make soups in the crockpot, but since getting my Instant Pot… it’s taco soup in the instant pot from now on.
It’s so quick in an instant pot, and just like the slow cooker, you just throw in the ingredients, and approximately twenty minutes later, the soup is ready to eat. You can’t beat having homemade soup that easily and quickly.
You can find more Instant Pot recipes I’ve been making and try them for yourself.
While it’s cooking, I can do other things or nothing at all.
Taco Tuesday Not Just For Tacos
I love making this taco soup recipe all year round, but in the fall and winter, I make it more often. I even sometimes make it for Taco Tuesday.
I like soups that are full of flavor, and taco soup fits the bill. I also love homemade soups because they are perfect as leftovers since they are usually better the next day.
This recipe can easily be doubled.
Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe
Prep: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 15.5 oz can seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz bag frozen corn
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup of water
- Add all of your ingredients for the taco soup to the instant pot. Give it a good stir to make sure that everything is incorporated well.
- Close the instant pot on your lid by twisting it closed. Close the valve to seal the pressure by pushing the valve away from you.
- Set your instant pot to high pressure for 10 minutes. After the instant pot has completed, do a quick release by pulling the valve toward you to release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken breast from the instant pot and transfer it to a cutting board. Shred your chicken, and then add it back to your instant pot. Mix well.
Serve as is, or top your taco soup with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, tortilla chips/strips (or corn chips, like Fritos), cilantro, cheese, green onions, tomatoes, and more!
If you love Taco Soup, you may also like my Pork Carnitas recipe made in the instant pot or this make and freeze ahead Chicken Taquitos. And you can also enjoy desserts in the instant pot like this Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe.
Printable Taco Soup Recipe
[mv_create key=”26″ thumbnail=”https://blogbydonna.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/taco-soup-final-6.jpg” title=”Tasty Taco Soup Recipe in an Instant Pot” type=”recipe”]