Snickerdoodle conjures up images of delicious cookies… a cookie I happen to enjoy. The next best thing to a snickerdoodle cookie is a DIY lip scrub.
My lips tend to be dry, really just about any time of the year, not just in the winter or summer. So, a delicious, homemade lip scrub is the perfect way to soften those dry lips.
I love making homemade scrubs but haven’t made one specifically for the lips before. This DIY Snickerdoodle Lip Scrub will keep your lips soft and kissable all winter long and tastes as good as it sounds.
Plus, it will make a great gift idea, especially if you grab some cute containers to put the scrub into.
This recipe will fill 3 small lip balm containers — perfect stocking stuffers!
All the ingredients are easy to find, and many of us usually have them in our kitchen pantry at any given time. It’s an all natural lip exfoliant that is much cheaper, so you’ll save money.
Snickerdoodle Lip Scrub
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons almond oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 2-3 drops Wilton warm cinnamon graham flavoring
- In a small bowl, add both brown sugar and granulated sugar and almond oil. Mix well.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla, and warm cinnamon graham flavoring (optional). Stir to blend all the flavors.
- Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store for up to 3 months.
HOW TO USE
- Wet your lips with warm water and apply the snickerdoodle sugar lip scrub. Enjoy the sweet aroma of cinnamon and vanilla! (It tastes like a snickerdoodle cookie, so you might be tempted to lick your lips)!
- Gently rub your lips in a circular motion. Both sugars are great for exfoliating, and the almond oil helps plump and moisturize your lips.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply your favorite lipstick or lip gloss.
As you can see, this lip scrub is really easy to make, and you can feel good knowing that you’re not putting harsh chemicals or ingredients you can’t even pronounce on your lips.
Making homemade lip scrubs like this is good to give to tweens and teens in their stockings.
Say goodbye to chapped lips. I do know that your lips will love you for it!
Enjoy your soft, supple lips and feel good that you didn’t put bad I’llicals and preservatives on your beautiful lips.
Some of the links above may be affiliate links. If you click and buy something, I’ll earn some money, so thank you.