As a busy mom I have grown to love my crock pot. It definitely is a staple in any parent’s kitchen. A slow cooker is a mom’s best friend. I also like to use as few ingredients as possible… it’s quicker, cheaper, easier, and you don’t cover/mask/drown all the flavors by having too many ingredients.
One of our favorite things to eat is chili. Since my husband and I are eating healthier, I’ve been trying lighter chili recipes. Here is one of our favorites:
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 2 cans of northern white beans
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 C salsa verde
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ C shredded Colby and monetary jack cheese blend (or any favorite fat-free shredded cheese)
- 2 chicken breasts
- Sour cream (optional)
- Add chicken to crock pot.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT beans and cheese.
- Cook on high for 3 hrs.
- Cut up chicken (or shred) and add in the drained beans.
- Cook for another 30 min.
- After 30 min add in the shredded cheese and stir constantly until cheese is melted.
- Ladle into a bowl and add a little bit of sour cream for an extra creamy texture (optional)
Click HERE for printable version of recipe.
This is a hearty chili perfect anytime. It’s delicious, high in protein, and you can use a fat-free shredded cheese and/or cut down on the amount to make it even fewer calories. It’s one of our favorite chili recipes!
What’s your favorite crock pot or slow cooker recipe?
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.