If you find it difficult to get dinner on the table some days, making and freezing dinners ahead of time is a great way to save you time. If you find yourself with a day off or a few extra hours with nothing to do (we know that isn’t too often), prepare meals, freeze them, and then on days when time is tight, pull it out of the freezer and you’ll have dinner in no time. Like Chicken Salsa Taquitos make ahead and freeze recipe.
This way your family can enjoy a home-cooked meal but it’s no-hassle and convenient for you on those school days when you have practice or rehearsal after school. You shouldn’t have to sacrifice taste or good for you dinners because you are always in a hurry.
Honestly, I wish I was better at meal planning and it is my goal to start making freeze ahead recipes on Sundays for the coming week.
With a little meal planning and freezing meals ahead of time you can enjoy quick, easy homemade meals any day of the week. And taquitos make a an easy, budget-friendly meal.
Try these chicken taquitos for example…
Chicken Salsa Taquitos Recipe
- 5 cups cooked shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store will work, too)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cups yogurt
- ½ cups salsa
- 1½ cups Colby jack cheese
- 12-inch flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken, cream cheese, yogurt, salsa, and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a few tablespoons of chicken cream cheese mixture to the center of a tortilla and spread out.
- Roll up and set seam side down.
- Place the filled tortilla on your baking pan seam face down.
- Cook for 10 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- If you plan on eating now, serve warm and enjoy!
However, if you do want to freeze the chicken taquitos for an easy meal in the future, allow them to cool completely before placing them into a freezer bag.
I like to buy bulk freezer bags and lunch bags, it’s cheaper and I always have them on hand. I also love the Baggy Opener hands-free holder that makes pouring things into freezer bags and lunch or snack bags easier with no mess.
Check out other recipes, some of which can be prepared ahead of time and frozen for later.