I’ve been using my air fryer a whole lot lately. Because I’ve talked about my love before, it is one of my favorite kitchen appliances. It’s so easy to use. Less mess. And the air fryer is much healthier than the traditional deep fryer. Like the Air Fried chicken tenders with a brown sugar Keto BBQ sauce I made recently.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a qualifying purchase from one of these links I may earn a commission at no cost to you.
Because air fried chicken recipes have been at the top of my list lately (chicken without skin is lower in calories and high in protein), I wanted to try a Keto BBQ chicken recipe.
And since my son loves chicken tenders, my husband loves anything with BBQ sauce, and I want Keto-friendly recipes, this Keto BBQ Brown Sugar Air Fried Chicken Tenders recipe is perfect.
Not to mention it makes an easy and budget-friendly dinner.
Check out the recipe. And if you want to print it out, there’s a printer-friendly recipe at the bottom of this post.
Air Fried Chicken Tenders
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Net Carbs: 5 net carbs per serving
- 2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 C. Almond flour
- 3 oz. Pork rinds crushed into crumbs
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 C. Sugar-free bbq sauce
- ½ C. Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer if needed.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, place 1 cup of almond flour.
- In a separate bowl or plate, place the pork rind crumbs.
- Place the beaten eggs in a bowl.
- Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, dip the tenders in the almond flour, coating both sides, then dip into the eggs before finally coating them with the pork rind crumbs.
- Now place the breaded chicken tenders into the air fryer, and cook for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. You may need to cook the chicken in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the bbq sauce, brown sugar substitute, and garlic powder to a pot on the stove over low heat. Cook the mixture down until the brown sugar has melted and the sauce is smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Finally, place the chicken tenders that are cooked into a large mixing bowl, and toss them with the BBQ sauce mixture before serving.
You could pair this air-fried chicken tenders with Roasted Leeks as a side for a keto dinner any day of the week. And if you’re not on a Keto Diet, you’ll love this Sour Cream and Onion Chicken Legs recipe.
These air fryer chicken tenders are grown-up tenders that even the kids will love.
Air Fried Keto BBQ Chicken Tenders
[mv_create key=”11″ thumbnail=”https://blogbydonna.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/keto-bbq-chicken-tenders-finished-6-scaled-e1582035292587.jpg” title=”Air Fried Chicken Tenders” type=”recipe”]