This flourless chocolate cake made in the Instant Pot is a creamy indulgence that is so easy to make. This gluten-free decadent dessert is the perfect treat for any special occasion or for any reason at all.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a qualifying purchase, I may earn a commission. Thank you!
My son loves it, and I’m thrilled that I bought an Instant Pot because it makes it quicker to make, plus I don’t have to heat up my kitchen by using my oven.
Is Flourless Chocolate Cake Gluten-Free?
You don’t have to be gluten-free to enjoy a flourless cake… we’re not gluten-free, but this gluten-free flourless chocolate cake is one of our favorites. It’s fewer calories, not just because you’re not using flour, but because you don’t need to ice it. A lot of calories come from the icing on cakes.
This flourless cake is rich, creamy, and a chocolate lover’s dream.
The Best Flourless Cake You’ll Ever Eat
I admit when I finally broke down and bought an instant pot, I never even thought about making desserts in it. Lo and behold, I’ve been using it for desserts quite often.
I dislike baking, mainly because I hate heating up my kitchen (if you have hot flashes, I know you know what I mean), so the IP has become my most loved and used kitchen appliance.
Combined with the ease of making this flourless chocolate cake with the melt-in-your-mouth goodness, it makes this the best flourless cake you’ll ever eat.
A printable version of this recipe is at the bottom of the post…
Instant pot Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour + 15-minute natural release
Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Servings: 8 slices
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, optional 1/2 cup (or more!) for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- In the microwave, in a medium-sized bowl, melt together the butter, chocolate chips, and cocoa powder. Melt at 30-second intervals, mixing between.
- Once completely mixed and melted, add sea salt, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract to your bowl. Mix well.
- Once completely Incorporated, add in your eggs, one egg at a time. Mix well between each egg.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of your instant pot.
- Prep your 6-quart springform cake pan by cutting a parchment liner for the bottom of the pan. Make the parchment liner a bit bigger than the bottom of the pan so that when you go to remove the cake from the bottom of the springform, you can use the parchment paper to easily slide your cake off. Spray the bottom and the sides of the cake pan with cooking spray.
- Add your cake batter to your cake pan. Cover with aluminum foil tightly.
- Place your pan on the trivet. Holding the two handles of the trivet, place it in the instant pot on top of the water.
- Set your instant pot to high pressure for 60 minutes. It will take about five minutes to come to pressure. Once it has done cooking, allow the instant pot to naturally release for 15 minutes. Once the 15 minutes is up, manually release by using a hot pad or towel and bringing the valve toward you to relieve the rest of the pressure.
- Once the pressure is complete, twist open the lid to your instant pot. Using a towel pull both handles of the trivet evenly and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow your cake to rest for about two hours.
- Once your cake has rested and cools, you can enjoy your cake right away, or you can cover it in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days. But you do not need to refrigerate if you plan on eating it over a 24-hour period.
You can dust with cocoa powder, top with whipped topping, or even enjoy with ice cream.
Why Instant Pot Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Cake?
If you do not have an Instant Pot (I highly recommend one), you can make this flourless chocolate cake in the oven. Just follow all the above steps but preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
But I’m telling you, I’ve made a flourless cake in the oven and now in my Instant Pot, and I think it’s creamier in the IP. And as I’ve said, keeps you from heating up your kitchen.
I hope you enjoy this flourless cake as much as we do. If you’re looking for an easy no-bake chocolate recipe that is not gluten free, you must try this Chocolate Lasagna recipe.
[mv_create key=”24″ thumbnail=”https://blogbydonna.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/flourless-cake-5-recipe-card.jpg” title=”Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe in an Instant Pot” type=”recipe”]