I love using my air fryer to make recipes even healthier. I’ve noticed that I do use my air fryer a lot to make appetizers. One of my favorite appetizers is sweet and sour meatballs.
Making sweet and sour meatballs in the air fryer is quick and easy. Plus, these air fryer meatballs are keto or low-carb friendly.
I love the Keto sweet and tangy sauce for these meatballs; it’s just the right amount of sweet and sour – the perfect balance. And at only 4 net carbs, you can enjoy these meatballs if you’re on a Keto diet or a low-carb diet.
I could eat these Keto meatballs every day. Seriously, these meatballs are so delicious. I sometimes make these to take to potlucks or get-togethers; I just triple the recipe.
You can jump down to the bottom of this post for the printer-friendly recipe. Check out the air fryer meatball recipe…
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 5 (Makes 25 meatballs total)
Net Carbs: 4.7 net carbs per serving
- 1 ½ lb. Ground beef
- 1 C. Crushed pork rind crumbs
- 1 Large egg
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ C. Sugar-free BBQ sauce
- ¼ C. Sugar-free grape jam or jelly
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees if needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, pork rind crumbs, egg, onion powder, garlic powder as well as salt and pepper to taste. Mix together well with your hands until well combined.
- Form the meat mixture into 25 even-sized meatballs.
- Place the meatballs into the air fryer, and cook for 15 minutes or until browned and completely cooked through.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the bbq sauce and grape jelly. Whisk together, and heat for one minute before stirring again to completely combined.
- Toss the cooked meatballs into the sauce mixture and coat well before serving.
Air Fryer Keto Appetizer
I hope you enjoy this delicious sweet and sour meatballs appetizer as much as my family and I do.
I have a crockpot meatball recipe that’s great, too, but it’s not Keto-friendly, but if you substitute the sugar-free BBQ sauce and jam used in this recipe, it will make it much more low-carb. And this meatball sub is to die for!
[mv_create key=”9″ thumbnail=”https://blogbydonna.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/keto-air-fryer-meatballs-finished-6-scaled.jpg” title=”Sweet and Sour Meatballs” type=”recipe”]