One of my new favorite kitchen appliances is the air fryer! I love that I can cook lighter, healthier food. We’ve made a lot of air fryer recipes, but one of our favorite is this Crab Rangoon. A healthier crab rangoon appetizer choice or anytime snack.
For a long time we made very basic foods or recipes in our air fryer, but recently we’ve been trying to think out of the box and try different recipes.
Here are some great air fryer recipes I’ve either tried and loved, or on my list to try soon…
20 Lighter & Healthier Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Baked Thai Peanut Chicken Egg Rolls from thecreativebite.com
- Vegan Air Fryer Blueberry Apple Crumble from healthyslowcooking.com
- Air Fryer French Fries from apinchofhealthy.com
- Baked Potatoes In the Air Fryer from courtneyssweets.com
- Spicy Mango Coconut Shrimp Bowl from loveandrisotto.com
- Pork Satay With Peanut Sauce from recipesfromapantry.com
- Vegan Cheesy Potato Wedges In The Air Fryer from vnutritionandwellness.com
- Crispy Breaded Pork Chops In The Air Fryer from skinnytaste.com
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken from asouthernfairytale.com
- Airfry Corn Tortilla Chips Recipe from familyfoodandtravel.com
- Jenís Air Fryer Donuts Recipe from everydayteacherstyle.com
- Banana Bread For Two from averiecooks.com
- Crunchy Oil-Free Air Fryer Chips from thecrunchychronicles.com
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings from awefilledhomemaker.com
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp from staysnatched.com
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Curly Fries Recipe from eatsamazing.co.uk
- Air Fryer Gluten-Free Chicken Fried Rice from fromvalskitchen.com
- How To Make A Chocolate Cake In An Air Fryer from spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com
- Air Fryer Cheddar Sour Cream Potato Chip Chicken Tenders from seductioninthekitchen.com
- Air Fryer Roasted Corn from copykat.com
Whether it’s appetizers, entrees, side dishes, or desserts, you can make just about anything in an air fryer. It’s the perfect healhier cooking option that’s quick and easy.
We have a Faberware Air Fryer that we bought almost two years ago and use it often. The other reason I love our air fryer so much is that my husband loves using it. Which means he cooks more. This busy wife and mom loves that he wants to cook healther meals for us, too.
I want to note that I think it takes a little practice to get the hang of using this amazing kitchen appliance. But once you do, you will want to cook using it all the time.
Here are some tips on getting the best use out of your air fryer:
Oils I Recommend
Avocado oil, grapeseed oil, and extra light olive oil, all have a higher smoking point making them perfect for air frying.
How to Clean Your Air Fryer
If you want your air fryer to last a long time, you need to use proper care and maintenance. Make a habit of cleaning your air fryer right after every use. Be sure to unplug and let it cool down first, though.
- Wipe the outside with a damp cloth.
- Either place all the air fryer’s removable components and place in the dishwasher, or wash the basket, pan, and tray with hot water and dishwashing liquid by hand.
- Clean in the inside of the air fryer with hot water and a cloth or sponge.
- If there is any food stuck to the heating element above the food basket, clean it off with a brush.
- Make sure the pan, tray, and basket are completely dry before putting them back into the air fryer.
Anything you would normally deep fry, can be air fried. Any maybe even some things you wouldn’t think of deep frying, like desserts. I haven’t tried it yet, but you supposedly can bake a cake in the air fryer. Once I try it, I’ll update this post to let you know how it went.
I really do love cooking with an air fryer for a healthier cooking option.
Pin air fryer recipes for later…
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.