If y’all think you can’t have Philly cheesesteak or meatloaf on a Keto diet, think again. You can! This Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Meatloaf recipe is perfect if you are on a Keto, Keto-friendly, or low-carb diet.
I started a Keto diet on January 1st, and although I’m doing Keto, I’m doing a more modified Keto (look for a post coming soon explaining what I mean by modified Keto diet).
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and make a qualifying purchase I may earn a commission at no cost to you.
I made this recipe before modifying my diet but will continue to make it from time to time because it is just too good. And it is the perfect Keto recipe.
If you love Philly cheesesteaks and you’re a big cheese lover, you are going to LOVE this Keto Philly Cheesesteak recipe using ground beef…
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Meatloaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Net Carbs: 5 net carbs per serving
For the meatloaf:
- 1 ½ lb. Ground beef
- ½ medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ C. mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ C. crushed pork rinds
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley (to garnish)
For the cheese sauce:
- 1 C. mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ C. heavy whipping cream
- ½ C. butter unsalted
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add the onions and peppers to the heated skillet, and cook until they are just beginning to soften. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, pork rind crumbs, egg, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce as well as salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly with your hands until well combined.
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf shape, and place it into a loaf pan, casserole dish, or sheet pan with high sides.
- Make a trough down the center of the meatloaf, and stuff the inside with the cooked peppers and onions, as well as ½ cup of mozzarella cheese. Form the meat back over the filling in the center of the loaf, and bake for 1 hour, or until the meatloaf is completely cooked through.
- When the meatloaf is close to being done, add the butter, cream cheese, and heavy whipping cream for the cheese sauce to a pot over medium heat on the stove.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil until it begins to thicken.
- Add the mozzarella cheese to the sauce mixture, and stir until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the finished meatloaf, sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired and serve.
This Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Meatloaf will be a huge hit in your home, even if you don’t really care for meatloaf, you will love this.
NOTE: You can substitute finely crushed crackers (like Zaltines) for the pork rinds. But it really does turn out beautifully with the pork rinds. And not as salty.
Get a printable version of this recipe below…
[mv_create key=”4″ thumbnail=”https://blogbydonna.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/keto-philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-meatloaf-finished-2.jpg” title=”Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Meatloaf” type=”recipe”]