I love tacos. But my favorite taco is fish tacos. Tacos de Pescado originated in Baja California, Mexico. You can make fish tacos with grilled fish, steamed fish, or fried fish. I love them either way.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a qualifying purchase I will earn a commission. Thank you for supporting my small business.
Of course, they are healthier to make them grilled or in the instant pot.
Just use a lean flaky white fish for the best tacos.
And making them in an Instant Pot is the perfect way to make them… fast and convenient. The fish turns out perfect, too.
Instant Pot Tilapia Fish Tacos and Lemon Garlic Aioli Sauce
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 1-pound frozen tilapia (or white fish of choice)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place your frozen tilapia fillets on top of a sheet of aluminum. Sprinkle each piece of fish with taco seasoning. Seal your aluminum foil from each side.
- Place 1 & 1/2 cups of water to the bottom of your instant pot. Place the trivet inside your instant pot. Place your aluminum foil-covered tilapia fillets on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid on your instant pot and close the seal by pushing it away from you.
- Set your Instant pot to high-pressure for 18 minutes.
- While your fish is cooking, make your aïoli sauce. Mix together the mayonnaise, Minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a dash of salt and pepper. Set aside and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once the time is completed, do a quick release by bringing the valve toward you.
- Shred your fish, and place on your favorite taco shell whether it be a low carb tortilla, lettuce wrap, flour tortilla, or corn tortillas for your fish tacos.
Top it with the aïoli sauce (which makes a great fish taco sauce), cilantro, and anything else you would enjoy on your fish tacos such as tomatoes, cabbage, etc.
Enjoy this fish taco recipe on your next Taco Tuesday or any day of the week. I know we do.
And top off your fish tacos with this flourless chocolate cake also made in the instant pot for dessert.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.