I love ice cream, whether it’s homemade or store-bought. And the same for my ice cream cones. But there is something extraordinary about homemade waffle cones.
If you thought it was too difficult or time-consuming to make your own waffle cones… it is so NOT.
It is so quick and easy to make homemade cones yourself.
I do love all ice cream cones: waffle, cake, and sugar… but I really love waffle cones.
If I can make something homemade from scratch, I try to since I know what ingredients I’m using. That way, it will be healthier than all the dyes and preservatives that are added to store-bought foods.
What’s the Difference Between a Waffle Cone and a Sugar Cone?
Waffle cones are very similar to sugar cones, but waffle cones are bigger. And believe it or not, waffle cones contain more sugar than sugar cones.
Waffle cones are generally more fragile than sugar cones. However, making them at home is easy, and since you’re better off with just one scoop of ice cream per cone, you can make and eat as many waffle cones as you want.
Sounds like a win-win to me.
You can get a printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
Waffle Cones Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
Total time: 11 minutes
Serving: 15 waffles
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the waffle cone maker.
- Add eggs, sugar, and butter to a large bowl, and beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Next, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and whisk until just combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk, and mix to combine.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the waffle mix, add to the waffle maker, and cook until done, or about 30 seconds.
- Once it’s done, place it on a clean kitchen towel, and quickly work to roll it into a cone using the cone roller ending with the edges face down. Hold for 15-20 seconds, then set aside to finish hardening.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream.
- Be quick when removing the waffle from the waffle maker, the waffle starts to harden within 5-10 seconds, so it’s essential to begin rolling the waffles immediately.
- Dip cones in melted chocolate and sprinkles for a sweeter treat.
- Waffle cones can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
This Waffle maker is perfect for making your own cones (I couldn’t find the exact waffle cone machine I have, but this one comes close). Making waffle cones is fun, so be sure to let the kids join in.
And if you make homemade waffle cones, you definitely need to try this homemade chocolate ice cream. Also, try this chocolate flourless cake made in an instant pot. It would be great paired with ice cream in your homemade cones.
[mv_create key=”27″ thumbnail=”https://blogbydonna.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Waffle-Cones4-resized.jpg” title=”Super Easy Homemade Waffle Cones Recipe” type=”recipe”]
Pin for later…