Looking for things to do with corn on the cob? Or frozen corn?
I love toasted corn. It’s a delicious way to eat corn and gives corn something extra.
Not sure about where you live, but here, corn on the cob is super cheap at the grocery store. I buy a bunch at the farmer’s market and freeze some. Frozen corn is a great way to enjoy corn any time of the year. I especially like toasted corn.
Macaroni salad is another summer favorite of mine. I also love this time of year because we can grill out or go on picnics. And eating salads, like macaroni salad, is a must.
I love salads. Whether it’s spring salads, cucumber salads, potato salad, and macaroni salads, to name a few, I enjoy making and eating salads.
I also love the flavor of toasted (as well as roasted and grilled) corn. Corn is a great vegetable to add to salads, I think.
Why Toasted Corn?
Have you ever tried toasted corn in macaroni salad before? Whether toasted, roasted, or grilled, it is a beautiful addition to macaroni salad.
It’s the perfect salad for a picnic, cookout, summer gathering, or barbecue.
Try this delicious macaroni salad recipe out, and you’ll see for yourself…
Toasted Corn Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni
- ¼ Cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ Cup Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1-2 depending on size)
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- ½ Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Cups frozen corn
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 10 Sprigs of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp Adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Cook Macaroni in salted boiling water for approximately 7 minutes. It should be firm to the bite, not mushy. Drain well, and give a good shake.
- Remove to a baking pan lined with paper towels to dry while you make the sauce and chop the veggies.
- Put dried macaroni in a large mixing bowl with the red and green onion, celery, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Adobo sauce, and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a nonstick pan over high heat, toast the corn until browned; stir or pan flip often.
- When they are popping, you’ll know you’re close.
- Just before the corn is done, add the garlic, so it gets toasted; about 30-45 seconds is all it needs.
- Add to the mixing bowl with the macaroni.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
This macaroni salad would be a great side dish for this Rosemary Sea Salt Chicken recipe.
So if you’re looking for something different and fun to do with corn, try this delicious toasted corn macaroni salad. I think you’ll really like it. It has become my favorite way to make macaroni salad.
- You can substitute fat-free mayo.
- You can use a Vidalia or sweet onion instead of red onion.
- Use fresh corn from the cob if it’s in season. I usually do, but the day I made this salad was early in the season, and just grabbed a bag of frozen corn from my freezer. Either fresh or frozen works fine, though.
[mv_create key=”23″ thumbnail=”https://blogbydonna.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/salad-4-finished-mac-salad.jpg” title=”Best Toasted Corn Macaroni Salad Recipe” type=”recipe”]