I love spring and warmer temperatures. I also love this time of year because we can finally start grilling out and going on picnics. And eating salads, like macaroni salad.
I love salads. Whether it’s spring salads, cucumber salads, potato salad, and macaroni salads, to name a few, I enjoy making and eating salads.
I also love the flavor of toasted (as well as roasted and grilled) corn. Corn is a great vegetable to add to salads, I think.
Have you ever tried corn in macaroni salad before? Whether it’s toasted, roasted, or grilled, it is a wonderful addition to macaroni salad.
It’s the perfect salad for a picnic, cookout, summer gathering, or barbecue.
Try this delicious macaroni salad recipe out and you’ll see for yourself…
Toasted Corn Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 12 oz. Elbow Macaroni
- ¼ Cup Celery, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- ½ Cup Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1-2 depending on size)
- 2 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 10 Sprigs of Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- 2 teas. Adobo sauce from can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce.
- Black Pepper
- Cook Macaroni in salted boiling water for approximately 7 minutes. It should be firm to the bite not mushy. Drain well, give a good shake.
- Remove to a baking pan lined with paper towels to dry while you make the sauce and chop the veggies.
- Put dried Macaroni in a large mixing bowl with the Red and Green Onion, Celery, Tomatoes, and Cilantro.
- In a small bowl combine the Mayonnaise, Greek Yogurt, Adobo sauce, and Lime Juice. Set aside.
- In a nonstick pan over high heat toast the Corn until browned, stir or pan flip often.
- When they are popping you’ll know you’re close.
- Just before the corn is done add the Garlic so it gets toasted, about 30-45 seconds is all it needs.
- Add to the mixing bowl with the Macaroni. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
This macaroni salad would be a great side dish for this Rosemary Sea Salt Chicken recipe.
What’s your favorite spring and/or summer salad?
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.