Little Smokies are great appetizers. And BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies made Keto-friendly and healthier in an air fryer, well, that makes them an awesome appetizer for any occasion.
If you’re looking for the perfect Keto appetizer, Easter appetizer, game day appetizer, or holiday appetizer, Little Smokies is it. I’m a huge fan of appetizers and have made several different appetizers for dinner before… trying to make sure to make everyone’s favorite appetizer.
You may call this appetizer Lil’ Smokies, but whether you say Lil’ or Little, these smokies sausages, with a BBQ sauce and wrapped in bacon (because everything is better with bacon), is big on flavor.
I could actually make a meal out of these little appetizers. And… everything is better with bacon.
Check out how easy this air fryer Keto BBQ appetizer recipe is, and scroll down to the end of this post for the printer-friendly recipe…
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Net Carbs: 2.5 net carbs per serving
- 20 Little Smokies sausages
- 5 Slices of bacon
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar-free BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Swerve brown sugar substitute
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees if needed.
- Slice the bacon pieces in half lengthwise, and then cut those pieces in half again, forming 4 strips per slice of bacon.
- Wrap the sausages each in a piece of bacon.
- Place the bacon-wrapped sausages into the air fryer. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the bacon becomes crispy.
- Brush the BBQ sauce over the sausages, and sprinkle a bit of the Swerve brown sugar substitute on top of each one.
- Cook the sausages for another minute and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Tip: Freeze the bacon for about 15-20 minutes to make it easier to slice.
You don’t have to make this appetizer Keto or low-carb if you don’t want to; just substitute the Swerve brown sugar substitute with regular brown sugar and the Zero Sugar BBQ sauce with your favorite sauce.
When I’m not doing Keto, that’s what I do.
I love how easy it is to make in an air fryer, plus the air fryer makes it a bit healthier way of cooking.
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
[mv_create key=”12″ thumbnail=”https://blogbydonna.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Little-Smokies-BP-3.png” title=”Little Smokies” type=”recipe”]