I was looking for some appetizers that would be easy to make and incorporated jalapenos, Lil Smokies (or sausages), and bacon. These Lil Smokie Stuffed Jalapenos with Bacon fit the bill. They’re a great appetizer for game night, parties, cook outs, and family gatherings like Easter.
They really are simple to make and they pack a big taste. Here’s the recipe…
Lil Smokie Stuffed Jalapenos with Bacon
- 10-12 Jalapenos
- 1 pkg. Lil Smokies
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese Softened
- 10-12 Strips of Bacon
- ½ teas. Garlic Salt
- ¼ teas. Ground Cumin
- Cook the bacon strips until about half way cooked remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Prepare Jalapenos using small sharp knife by cutting at the stem end across the pepper but only cut about ¾ of the way through. Cut down the insides of the pepper along the ribs and remove the core, seeds and as much of the ribs as possible.
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- In a small bowl combine the Cream Cheese with the Garlic Salt and Cumin.
- Place a good teaspoon of the Cream Cheese in the pepper and add the Lil Smokie, Squeeze shut.
- Wrap one piece of Bacon around each pepper at an angle to cover as much as possible. Use toothpick to secure the Bacon. Place in a baking dish with a wire rack (this is my favorite wire rack).
- Bake at 350˚approximately 35 minutes. Cook longer for milder Jalapenos, Cook shorter for spicier.
I hope you enjoy these Lil Smokie Stuffed Jalapenos with bacon whether you make them for Easter or a party appetizer, or you’re watching your favorite team on game night or your favorite show tonight; I hope you enjoy these stuffed jalapenos as much as we do.