I love cooking in my cast iron skillet, and I tend to make a lot of chicken recipes in it. One of our favorites is a Thai Chicken recipe. There is something about a cast iron skillet that just makes food taste better.
And I love one pot, or in this case, skillet, meals. I also love meals that are economical. Chicken thighs are relatively cheap, and you can substitute any vegetables that are in season and/or on sale.
Are you always looking for cheap chicken recipes?
This Thai Chicken recipe is your answer. It’s so delicious and hearty, too. Check out some of our other chicken recipes made in the cast iron skillet.
Thai Chicken Recipe (Print recipe HERE)
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 C. cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 C. broccoli (chopped)
- 2 C. cauliflower (chopped)
- 2 C. carrots (sliced)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 lime (sliced for garnish)
- 2 tbsp Thai seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp Lawrey Seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl add your chicken thighs and evenly coat with the Thai seasoning, garlic salt and add the juice from one of your limes, cover. Place in refrigerator for at least one hour to marinade.
- In a cast iron skillet add 3 tbsp. of olive oil and place on your stove top at medium to high heat.
- Once your skillet is hot add your chicken thighs cook on high for 6-8 minutes until it’s a light crispy then rotate and cook for another 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce your heat to medium and cook on both sides for an additional 5-7 minutes each to ensure the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Pull the chicken thighs out of the pan and place to the side.
- Slice your broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower and saute’ for 8 minutes on medium tossing often.
- Add your tomatoes to the vegetables and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off your heat and place the chicken back into the skillet.
- Add the juice from the 1 lime and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with limes.
I love Thai food and its balance of all five flavors: sour, sweet, salty, bitter, and spicy. I particularly like when a Thai dish balances all these flavors in one meal.
I hope your family enjoys this Thai Chicken recipe as much as we do.
Pin for later…