If you’ve not noticed, I’m a huge fan of cooking in a cast iron skillet. I love everything about cast iron cooking. One of my favorite cast iron skillet recipes to make is Garlic Parmesan Chicken.
I love how chicken comes out so crispy and flavorful in an iron skillet. Adding garlic, onions, and parmesan cheese makes this dish even tastier. It’s also an economical meal… it won’t break the bank. And if that’s not enough, it’s a healthy dinner, too. I don’t add a lot of Parmesan cheese, and garlic and onions are good for you.
Try the recipe for yourself:
Cast Iron Skillet Garlic Parmesan Chicken (Click HERE for a printable version)
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp.Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 13 cloves of garlic
- 1 whole yellow onion
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- In a large sealed tight container add your chicken thighs and seasonings let sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- In cast iron skillet add 3 tbsp. olive oil and place on your stovetop at medium to high heat.
- Once you start to hear the oil “pop” add your chicken skin side up and cook on medium for 5-7 minutes until the thighs look crispy, then rotate placing the skin part down and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Pull the chicken thighs out and place to the side.
- Add your Onions and Garlic ( all skin removed ) in your skillet and cook until tender. The garlic will start to turn brown, and onions will begin to turn a glossy clear.
- Turn off your heat on your stovetop and place the chicken back in the skillet.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Once your oven reaches the desired temperature place the skillet in the oven for 25 min.
- Remove the skillet and garnish with Parmesan cheese place back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with Parsley.
Mashed potatoes or brown rice make a good side along with a salad, like this Caprese Salad from The Salty Side Dish.
Image via The Salty Side Dish
I hope you enjoy this cast iron skillet garlic parmesan chicken recipe as much as we do!
This Stainless Steel Chainmail Scrubber is the best way to clean a cast iron skillet. It comes with a bonus iron skillet handle holder, pan scraper, grill scraper, kitchen towel and drying hook, for only $19.99. The chainmail scrubber will last forever, too.
Here are some more options for cast iron cleaners on Amazon:
Amagabeli 8×6 Inch Stainless Steel 316L Chainmail Scrubber for Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Pan Dutch Ovens Waffle Iron Cleaner for Lodge Pans Highest Grade Skillet ScraperCast-iron Cleaner Stainless-Steel Chainmail Scrubber for Skillet, Pan, Griddle and Wok by Utopia KitchenLodge SCRAPERPK Durable Pan Scrapers, Red and Black, 2-PackCamp Chef Cast Iron Cleaner 6 OuncesKohler K-P1888-NA Cast Iron Cleaner 227 g/8 o.z.Stainless Steel Chainmail Scrubber XL 8×6, Cast-iron Cleaner + Silicone Hot Handle Holder
Pin for later…
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.