One of my favorite go-to breakfast treats (and snacks) is muffins. They’re just something comforting and satisfying about a good muffin. Muffins are one of my son’s favorites, too. We like a hot muffin with just a little pat of butter on them for breakfast.
Sometimes my son eats a muffin for a snack while he does his homework in the afternoons.
Although blueberry muffins may be our favorite, a close second is this strawberry banana crumb muffin recipe. You can top it with the crumbs or leave the crumbs off for a strawberry banana muffin if you want.
Strawberry Banana Crumb Muffins
Ingredients for Strawberry Banana Crumb Muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ C. flour
- 1 C. Strawberries, chopped
- ¾ C. of sugar
- ¼ C. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- non-stick spray for the muffin tin
- 2/3 C. sugar
- 4 tbs. flour
- 2 tbs. Butter, melted
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, sugar and butter. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients until well-blended. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Stir in the berries.
- Pour batter into muffin tins.
Crumble Topping directions:
- Mix together the flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Add approximately 1 Tbs. Of crumble mix to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Crumble top will turn golden brown in the oven.
I hope you try this delicious strawberry muffin recipe. If you do, please let me know how you liked them.