One of my favorite go-to breakfast treats (and snacks) is strawberry banana muffins. They’re just something comforting and satisfying about a good muffin. Muffins are one of my son’s favorites, too. We like a hot muffin with just a little pat of butter on them for breakfast.
Sometimes my son eats a muffin for a snack while he does his homework in the afternoons.
Although I love blueberry muffins a lot, this strawberry banana crumb muffin recipe is so good. You can top it with the crumbs or leave the crumbs off for a strawberry banana muffin if you want.
Strawberry Banana Crumb Muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ C. flour
- 1 C. Strawberries, chopped
- ¾ C. of sugar
- ¼ C. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Non-stick spray for the muffin tin
- 2/3 C. Sugar
- 4 tbs. Flour
- 2 tbs. Butter, melted
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, sugar, and butter. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients until well-blended. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Stir in the berries.
- Pour batter into muffin tins.
Crumble Topping directions:
- Mix together the flour, sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Add approximately 1 Tbs. of crumble mix to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Crumble top will turn golden brown in the oven.
I hope you try this delicious strawberry muffin recipe. I like to double the recipe and freeze half of them, too. I love freeze ahead foods like this chicken salsa taquitos.
And if you’re looking for another way to incorporate bananas into your breakfast, try these Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes.
Adding fruit to breakfast recipes is a good way of making a more nutritious breakfast that kids love.
Remember, if you like this post, please take the time to follow all my projects and finds here on Pinterest.