This is a sponsored post by HoneyBaked Ham. I received free product and compensation, however, all opinions are 100% my own and may differ from yours. I will only endorse companies, products and services that I believe, based on my own experiences, are worthy of endorsement.
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. It occurs during my favorite season, spring…. it represents renewal, new life, starting over, and family.
All of my memories of Easter growing up were of family gathering around the table eating an Easter meal prepared by my mom, with the smell of fresh flowers in the air, and helping my mom decorate eggs for the big egg hunt. I carry on that same tradition in my own home now.
Here are 3 tips to make Easter special:
Make Easter Dinner Hassle-Free
I want to spend Easter with my family, not all day in the kitchen preparing and cooking dinner. I love the idea of an Easter ham as the centerpiece at the dinner table, but don’t relish the idea of spending hours getting said ham ready. Unlike my mom’s days, I have a HoneyBaked Ham near me, so I can have a delicious Easter meal on the table without all the work.
I stopped by HoneyBaked the other day and picked up a boneless half ham, sliced smoked turkey breast, and two sides, macaroni and cheese and herb stuffing (NOTE: HoneyBaked Side and Dessert selections may vary by location), which is plenty of food for 6-8 people.
My son loves the macaroni and cheese and I’d never tried the herb stuffing before and was quite pleased. Very tasty and full of flavor. I added my own mashed potatoes (but HoneyBaked has them, too) and rolls. Since there’s only three in my family, we have plenty of leftovers. My son can eat HoneyBaked ham every day, so he is very happy.
- Since 1957, HoneyBaked has been known for the most flavorful, moist and tender Ham you’ll find anywhere, finished with its signature sweet, crunchy glaze. Each HoneyBaked Ham is slow-smoked for more than twenty hours for unparalleled tenderness. Finally, each Ham is hand-glazed in each store for an incredible taste that’s second to none. Spiral-sliced and ready to serve, it’s as easy as it is delicious. (Gluten Free.)
- Serving Sizes:
- Half Ham (Approx. 7-10lbs) Serves 12 to 20.
- Quarter Ham/Mini Ham (Approx. 3.5-5.5lbs) Serves 6-8.
- Ham Slices (available by the pound).
- Nothing is as delicious and full of flavor as our fully-cooked, sliced & glazed Turkey Breast. Our Turkey Breast is trimmed by hand, perfecting the wholesome flavor and goodness of tender 100% breast meat, carefully seasoned, then fire-glazed to perfection with our one-of-a-kind sweet, crunchy glaze. Available Smoked or Roasted, and sliced for your convenience. (Gluten Free.)
- Serving Size:
- Approximately 2.5-3lbs. Serves 8 to 10.
I love the ease and convenience of HoneyBaked Ham, but more than that, ham is an Easter tradition, and I truly have never eaten a more delicious ham… ever.
Make Coloring Eggs a Family Event
Another Easter tradition is coloring eggs. My son is getting almost too old to hunt eggs, but I think even when he’s a teenager, we will color eggs. It’s just plain fun. I know of some moms who color eggs themselves because they want to avoid a mess or want the eggs to look perfect, but I say, make it a family event.
Let the kids help decorate… let them be creative and yes, if you have younger kids there will be a mess. Just throw down newspapers or a drop cloth and let them color away.
Make Decorating for Easter Easy
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to decorate for Easter. Use some of the things you already have and add some pretty spring flowers to them. Maybe you already have flowers growing in your own garden/yard, if not you can pick up flowers relatively cheap at your grocery store’s or department store’s garden center.
I have odd shaped glasses/vases I’ve bought at flea markets over the years that I put pink peonies in in my entry way, but if you have a vase or odd shaped glass, add any type of spring flowers you want. It really makes coming into your home more Easter or spring ready.
I also love putting flowers and/or Easter decorations with a pair of outgrown rain boots on my porch, or you could put them on a table in your mudroom, to make a great Easter/spring statement.
I hope you can use these 3 tips to make your Easter gathering more fun, less stressful, and full of family fun!
Oh, Easter is early this year, it’s on April 5th, so be sure to grab this $5 off any purchase of $50 or more:
Offer valid 3.14.15 – 4.4.15. Must present coupon at time of purchase to receive offer. May not be combined with any other offer. One coupon per person at participating retail store locations. While supplies last.