We love steak, especially ribeye steaks. Which is a good thing when I’m doing a Keto diet or low-carb, high-protein diet and looking for Keto steak recipes to try. Since my son is a growing teenager who works out, a high protein diet is good for him, as well.
So, I do cook a lot of steaks, usually going for a more frugal (yes cheaper cuts of) steak (especially when fixed in the slow cooker), but since ribeyes are our favorites, I try to fix them as often as possible.
This pan seared Keto steak recipe is made even more delicious with the red wine pan gravy.
Keto Steak Recipe (print recipe HERE)
Seared Ribeye Steak with Red Wine Pan Gravy
- 3 lbs. thick cut ribeye steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 c. onion chopped
- ½ c. red cooking wine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 c. bone broth
- ¼ c. heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat in a large cast iron skillet.
- Apply salt and pepper to taste to both sides of your ribeye steaks.
- Once the skillet is hot, place the steak into it and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side. Do not move the steak around. Let it sit on each side for the allotted time to ensure a great sear. Be sure to sear the sides all of the way around the edge of the steak as well to render the fat found there.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and place it on a cutting board or cooling rake to rest.
- While the steak is resting, add the chopped onion to the pan juices. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions begin to soften and brown.
- Add 2 cloves of minced garlic to the pan and stir, cooking for an additional minute.
- Pour in ½ cup of red cooking wine, and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze it. Cook the wine down until it is reduced by at least half.
- Mix in 1 cup of bone broth. Continue to cook it down until it begins to thicken.
- Add in ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream. Stir and cook the pan gravy down until it has reached your desired consistency.
- Slice the ribeye steak, and plate it served with a bed of greens and smothered in the red wine pan gravy.
This delicious keto or high protein steak recipe is easy and a meal the whole family can enjoy, whether on a keto diet or not. I’ll be sharing more Keto recipes from time to time, but for now, give this ribeye recipe a try or try this high protein, keto friendly Garlic Parmesan Chicken in a cast iron skillet.
And even though I tend to do baked potatoes or mashed potatoes with steaks – which is fine if you are not doing a Keto diet or a strict Keto diet.
If you are, I recommend this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole as a side dish… it’s a Keto friendly or low carb friendly side dish option.
Tips and more…
Pan searing is best done in a cast iron skillet. Best products to use to clean cast iron is this cast iron cleaner.
If you’ve never tried the Keto diet before, here is an excellent Beginner’s Keto resource to learn all about it.
Pin this keto steak recipe for later…
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.