This is a sponsored post with Hillshire. All opinions are 100% my own.
I, like so many busy moms, am always looking for easy recipes. As much as I want/need easy, I don’t want to sacrifice healthy, delicious, and hearty, though. Easy and quick recipes should be delicious, satisfying, and on the healthier side, too, don’t you think? I sure do.
I’m loving Hillshire Farms smoked sausage for its versatility and delicious and hearty flavor it can add to recipes.
I get tired of making the same recipes week after week, and with Hillshire Farms smoked sausage, you can change up recipes… especially recipes using chicken. A great way to spice up a recipe and add a new and exciting flavor to dishes.
About Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage:
Hillshire Farm smoked sausage is crafted to be better. Our experts have perfected the pre-seasoning of our smoked sausage over the last 75 years.
Hillshire Farm smoked sausage is cleaner and easier to work with than chicken.
Hillshire Farm smoked sausage is a quick and easy solution for weeknight dinner.
Last week I made a delicious and hearty soup using smoked sausage that met all my criteria for a perfect dinner — economical, quick/easy, healthy, and oh so delicious! Check out the recipe and try it for yourself:
Smoked Sausage White Beans & Kale Soup (Click HERE for printable recipe)
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli extra virgin olive oil (or your favorite)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- Smoked sausage (I used Hillshire Farm Lite Smoked Sausage), diced or thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, such as Great Northern, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash of your favorite hot sauce, optional
- In a large skillet or sauté pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, red bell pepper, and sausage. Sauté, stirring, until onion is just tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add kale and garlic; cover and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Taste and salt, as needed.
This is my husband’s new favorite soup. To show you how quick and easy it is to add smoked sausage to any dish, I add it to some sauteed diced red potatoes, onions, and green pepper. Then put it in a wrap and instant delicious meal — YUM!
Check out ‘Sausage So Simple’ for more Hillshire Farm smoked sausage recipes that will be sure to satisfy everyone in your family.
Do you have a favorite smoked sausage recipe?
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.