I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Heinz Vinegar. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and as a thank you for participating….
I eat a lot of salads during the summer. Not only because I’m trying to watch my calories, but when it’s hot, I don’t like eating big, heavy meals. Salads make the perfect lunch… add some grilled chicken and make a bit bigger salad and it’s a great dinner.
I am picky when it comes to my dressings, though. I tend to stay away from creamy dressings but love oil & vinegar based dressings. I love me a good vinaigrette!
But I have to have a good oil and a good vinegar. I get the best results and the best taste when I use quality oil and vinegar.
My favorite vinegar is Heinz. I recently used the Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar to make one of my favorite things… Berry Vinaigrette dressing. Yum!
Check out the recipe and if you like vinaigrette dressing, you must try it. You will love it!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Makes 2 cups
- 2/3 cup Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar**
- 1/4 cup sugar**
- 1 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups chopped berries (strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Can be made a day in advance.
**Replace with Heinz® Distilled White Vinegar Use 1/3 cup of sugar instead of 1/4 cup
I used this Berry Vinaigrette on a salad of spring mix, red onions, walnuts, a few strawberries. This is a great vinaigrette for a spinach salad, too.
I want to use the Heinz Unfiltered Apple Cider to make this next time. My husband loved this, and he doesn’t generally like vinaigrettes. He thinks they are too acidic, but he didn’t find my berry vinaigrette acidic at all using the Heinz Apple Cider vinegar. I found this delicious Berry Vinaigrette recipe on the Heinz Vinegar Recipe site.
I also tried this quick pickle recipe with some Heinz Distilled White Vinegar I had on hand. If you love pickles, these are phenomenal. So quick and easy, too.
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill leaves, chopped or snipped
- 1-2 large English cucumbers or 4-5 kirby cucumbers, sliced thinly using a mandolin
- Heat small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, salt, and garlic to the pan and cook until it begins to simmer and sugar dissolves.
- Toss the dill and sliced cucumbers together in a heat-proof bowl.
- Pour the simmering liquid over the cucumbers and stir to evenly coat.
- Allow to cool to room temperature or chill before serving.
I keep vinegar on hand at all times because there are so many uses for it, besides recipes. Here are 10 of my favorites:
- 2 Tbs of vinegar to water just before eggs start to boil, keeps them from cracking.
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar added to water (with a bit of honey for flavor) helps curb appetite and aid in weight loss.
- Deodorize kitchen drains by pouring a cup down the drain. Let stand 20 minutes and flush with water once a week.
- Use equal parts vinegar and water to clean out your refrigerator.
- Clean stainless steel (sinks, etc.) by wiping down with vinegar.
- Clean the microwave by boiling 1/4 cup vinegar with 1 cup water in the microwave. It will loosen up splattered on food and deodorize at the same time.
- Get stains off of pots. Fill pot with 3-4 Tbs vinegar with a pint of water and bring to a boil. Stain should loosen. Wash as usual.
- Clean your dishwasher by running one cup of vinegar through a whole cycle to reduce soap build-up and to keep your glassware sparkling.
- Make vinegar ice cubes and drop them down the garbage disposal. After grinding flush with water.
- Rub your hands with a little vinegar before and after handling onions to avoid the odor of onions on your hands.
To find other uses for vinegar check out Heinz Vinegar website.
Do you use apple cider vinegar to cook with? In what ways do you use vinegar around your home?
Be sure to follow Heinz Vinegar on Pinterest for recipes and more great uses for vinegar.
You can find Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar at most grocery stores nationwide and Heinz Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar is available at Walmart and other select retailers.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.