I love making pretty individual desserts. They seem so personal and gives the impression that someone took the time to make something special just for you (me).
I like trifles and they are perfect to individualize by making them in a jar. Since blueberries are one of the super foods, they make great trifles.
I like this homemade blueberry jar trifle recipe for family gatherings or parties…
Blueberry Jar Trifle
- 1 C. sugar
- ½ C. butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ C. flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ C. milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Whipped cream (I used Reddi-Wip)
- 4 pints of fresh blueberries
- 20-24 8 oz. jelly jars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the sugar, butter, vanilla, milk and eggs and mix well. Stir in flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour batter into greased and lightly floured 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely by placing it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Once the cake is cool, remove it from the baking dish and cut into small chunks and set aside. Next, rinse your blueberries.
- Finally, you can begin layering your jars. Start with a layer of cake, next add a layer of blueberries and then a layer of repeat cream. Repeat. Top with whipped cream and some extra blueberries on top.
- Repeat this process with the other jars.
*Serve immediately. I don’t recommend storing them because of the whipped cream although you probably could leave in the fridge a few hours prior to serving.
Makes approximately 20-24 jars. (1) 8 oz. jar = 1 serving.
I hope you try this Blueberry Trifle in a jar… I think you’ll find it a big hit with your guests!