If you are looking for a fun and easy Thanksgiving craft to do with your kids this fall season, this Turkey Flower craft is it.
It’s a great Thanksgiving craft for school class parties, Sunday school classes, home school craft, or a just because it’s Thanksgiving, craft.
These turkey flowers are not only easy but cheap to make, too. You may even have some of the materials on hand and you can buy most of the material at stores like Dollar Tree or Dollar General.
- Fall colored flowers
- Wooden craft circles or buttons
- Red craft foam
- Orange felt
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- Brown craft paint
- Paintbrushes (these are great craft brushes)
- Begin by painting a wooden craft circle or button with brown craft paint on all sides.
- Once the circle has dried, attach it to the center of the fall colored flower using a hot
- Glue two googly eyes to the front of the painted circle.
- Cut out a triangle shape from the orange felt, and glue it to the front of the circle
below the googly eyes.
- Draw an “S” shaped wattle onto the red craft foam and cut it out.
- Glue the red foam wattle to the side of the orange felt beak.
- Display the turkey flowers in a festive vase or container.
Check out my video below to see just how easy it is to make this Thanksgiving craft for yourself…
I know it’s not even Halloween yet but you will be needing Thanksgiving and fall crafts for classroom projects or homeschooling crafts before you know it.
And, there’s not much time between Halloween and Thanksgiving to get things done. Plus, I feel like Thanksgiving gets the least attention of all the holidays this time of year.
I do hope you enjoy making this Thanksgiving craft as much as I did. And check out these recycled or upcycled pumpkin ideas for this fall and Halloween season.
Pin this fun Thanksgiving craft for later…
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.