Toni from A Daily Dose of Toni, is hosting this 30 Days About Me challenge and today's topic is "Something that makes your life easier". Ah, today's topic was "easy". No thinking required. It's small enough to fit into the palm of my hand. I can put in my pocket. It is almost always with me. It is my iPhone.
The iPhone may not make my life easy like a Sunday morning, as refrenced in my title (which is from the Commodores song Easy, by the way). But my iPhone does indeed make life easier. Here are a few of the ways my iPhone makes life easier for me:
- Phone – In fact, everyone I know but my mom, calls me on my iPhone. Or texts me. It's the primary way I stay connected with people.
- Mail – I can check my email while I'm away from home. If there's something work related or a top priority, I can try to take care of it. Plus, I don't miss the fun emails from a close group of friends of mine. Who keep me entertained on most days.
- Camera – I take a LOT of pictures with my phone. A lot. And I can instantly email a picture to my mom or to my hubby… or to my Facebook page.
- Calendar – Don't know what I'd do without my calendar. And it doesn't matter where I am, I can pull up my calendar to check it, or add to it.
- Apps – From the Moby app that lets me instantly share with my hubby and other family memebers and friends, my location, and theirs with me, to Lose It, so I can keep track of what I'm eating and how much I'm exercising, the apps are a thing of beauty. I use Evernote all the time… it's my brain. Or an extension of, anyway. It's note taking at its finest. I can take text, photo, and audio notes and then sync it up with my Mac at home. I also use several recipe apps. I can pull up a recipe at the grocery store and get the ingredients I need to make it when I get home. These are just a few of the apps I used daily.
- Contacts – Another priceless bit of information.
- Information – Whether I'm in the car (a passenger), waiting for a table at a restaurant, a doctor's waiting rooom, etc., I can search the web right from my phone. And believe me, I do that a lot. I'm a researcher. Okay, not that kind of researcher… but I love looking stuff up.
- Music – Can't forget music. The iPod is a crucial part of my phone. I have music at my fingertips – anytime, anywhere.
- Fun – For both myself and my son. Playing games is a great distraction and a great way to entertain my son on long drives.
Could I live without my iPhone. Yes. I wouldn't want to though. It helps make things more convenient. Easier. And what's not to love about that? I'm curious to see what my fellow bloggers chose as their "something that makes their life easier". I'd love to hear what makes YOUR life easier!