October 25th is World Pasta Day! For pasta lovers like myself, every day should be pasta day. Really. One of my absolute favorite types of food is Italian cuisine. And any kind of pasta is fine with me.
My son is just a spaghetti and mac ‘n cheese type of kid, but I have faith that one day he will appreciate the finer pastas and recipes in life. He did love my Bow Tie Pasta with Sausage & Tomato Cream Sauce and my Sweet Chili Chicken & Linguini in a Peanut Sauce, so I know there is hope for him.
Thankfully, my husband enjoys pasta a much as I do.
Something I’ve never done, though, is make my very own pasta from scratch. I’ve had several people tell me that it really isn’t difficult nor takes too long.
World Pasta Day
To celebrate World Pasta Day maybe we could all try our hand at homemade pasta noodles. Here’s a great how to make pasta from scratch lesson.
Here’s some things you need to make your own pasta….
- OxGord Stainless Steel Fresh Pasta Maker Roller Machine for Spaghetti Noodle Fettuccine
- Imperia Pasta Maker Machine (150) By Cucina Pro – Heavy Duty Steel Construction with Easy Lock Dial and Wood Grip Handle
- KitchenAid KSMPEXTA Gourmet Pasta Press Attachment with 6 Interchangeable Pasta Plates, White
- White Lily Unbleached Bread Flour, 5 Pound
- AmazonBasics 3-Piece Baking Sheet Set
- Fox Run Brands 2.75-Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- 2 Pc Chef Quality Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid – 6 Qt & 2 Qt Red Stock Pot or Pasta Cooker
- Farberware Straining Stockpot, 6 quart, Stainless Steel
- Colander Set – 2 Collapsible Colanders (Strainers) Set By Comfify – Includes 2 Folding Strainers Sizes 8″ – 2 Quart and 9.5″ – 3 Quart Red and Grey
- Trudeau Pot Drainer, Red
- All-Purpose Italian 00 Flour by Pivetti (2.2 pound)
Have you ever made your own pasta before?
FYI: Some of the links above are affiliate links, so if you click through one of the links and buy something, I’ll earn some money, so thank you!