#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Jimmy Dean. This could include Jimmy Dean providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
I also love easy. I’m a busy mom who looks for ways to make things that are delicious but I can make for us to eat and get out the door for play rehearsal (or whatever other extracurricular activity my son is participating in at the time).
Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles fit the bill. The sausage is already pre-cooked and crumbled, making them perfect to add in recipes. I add them to omelets all the time, but wanted to give them a try in a pasta dish, since pasta is another quick and easy favorite in our home.
I found a recipe and made some changes to come up with this absolutely delicious and easy recipe:
Bow Tie Pasta with Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles in a Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles
- 1/2-1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. bow tie pasta
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until tender according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender.
- Add Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles and warm through for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly.
- Mix pasta into the sauce, garnish with chopped basil and Parmesan cheese.