Some jobs are just perfect for moms with degrees but have for one reason or another decided to stay at home. I decided when I found out we were expecting our son that I wanted to be a stay a home mom.
However, after my son was a year old, I wanted to work again… but still be at home with my son. Although I had a teaching degree, at the time, I couldn’t find any work out of the home teaching positions.
I started researching jobs that I could do while still being at home full-time with my son and ended up designing t-shirts and selling them on Cafepress. Which later led me to blogging as a way to advertise my t-shirt shop.
I fell in love with blogging, and the rest is history.
That was in 2008, and now there is even more work from home or remote jobs stay at home moms can do.
Check out the infographic below on these jobs you can do from home…
Top Ten Jobs for Stay at Home Moms with Degrees
To recap, the top 10 jobs for stay at home moms with degrees are…
- Bookkeeper or Accountant – Requires an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management. Helping people manage their finances is a popular work from home option.
- Writer – Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, English, or related field. You can work for newspapers, magazines, or websites as a full-time writer or freelancer and work for any number of places.
- Consulting – A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral in any field and being an expert in a field will give you the ability to be a Consultant. And it’s easier than ever to be a Consultant while working from home.
- Teaching – A Bachelor’s or Master’s in Education or specialization in any school subject can make it possible to teach from the comfort of your own home. You could be a private tutor or if you have a PC with a webcam, you could work remotely teaching any subject.
- Website Design – An Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s in Graphic Design is a plus for being a Website Designer… although nowadays you do not necessarily need a degree at all.
- IT Technical Support – An Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s in IT Technical Support or related subjects can afford you the opportunity to work from home.
- Virtual Assistants – Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in several areas, such as Paralegal, Busness Administration, Finance, and Marketing, for example, makes you a great candidate for a Virtual Assistant position while working at home.
- Remote Programming – With an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s in Computer Programming, Operating Systems, etc. you can work remotely as a Computer Programmer or Software Engineer.
- Drafting or Architectural Design – With an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s in CAD/CAM Application, Civil Engineering, or Architecture, for example, you can work from home as a subcontractor or drafter supporting an engineering firm.
- Actuary – A Bachelor’s or Master’s in Economics, Mathematics, or Finance, plus professional liscensing can make you an excellent candidate to work from home.
So, if you have a degree and a computer and want to work from home for whatever reason, there are several options available to you.
And if you don’t have a degree or your degree is in a field that doesn’t offer remote jobs, there are several other work from home jobs you can do from home that do not require a degree at all.