This must see movie of The Boxtrolls, and my son’s excitement to see it on 9-26-2014, has been brought to you in partnership with SocialMoms and Focus Features. All opinions are 100% my own and may differ from yours. I will only endorse companies, products and services that I believe, based on my own experiences.
I am a huge proponent of imaginary play. We’ve always encouraged our son to use his imagination. So I am loving everything about the upcoming movie… The Boxtrolls. I’m really impressed with all the activities surrounding the release of the movie on Sept. 26.
I shared recently how my son created a Boxtroll from clay… now he has the opportunity to build a Boxtroll from cardboard thanks to Imagination Foundation and Focus.
The mission of the Imagination Foundation is to find, foster and fund creativity and entrepreneurship in children around the world. Focus is working with them to sponsor a Boxtrolls Cardboard Challenge, where kids can create and build crafts inspired by the movie, using cardboard boxes as the main resource – just like the Boxtrolls themselves do.
If you live in or near one of these cities be sure to attend the event:
- Boston, MA: Saturday 9/20 from 11am-3pm at the Framingham Food Truck Festival
- Cleveland, OH: Saturday 9/20 from 11am-2pm at SouthPark Mall
- Salt Lake City, UT: Saturday 9/20 from 12pm-3pm at Station Park Mall in Farmington
- Kansas City, MO: Sunday 9/21 2pm – 4pm at the Science City at Union Station
- Minneapolis, MN: Sunday 9/21 from 1pm-3pm at Mall of America in the Sears Court
- Austin, TX: Sunday 9/21 from 1pm-3pm at Givens Recreation Center from 1pm-3pm
- Baltimore, MD: Sunday 9/21 from 2pm-4pm at the Port Discovery Atrium
- Philadelphia, PA: Sunday 9/21 from 12pm-3pm at Franklin Mills Mall
- Raleigh, NC: Sunday 9/21 from 1pm-4pm at the CenterFest Arts Festival (in the Kids Zone) in Durham
- Pittsburgh, PA(9/21) : Sunday 9/21 from 12pm-3pm at Carnegie Science Center
- San Diego, CA: Sunday 9/21 from 10:30am-3pm at the San Diego Padres game against the San Francisco Giants at Petco Park
I sure wish I lived near one of these cities because I know my son would just love to attend! It looks like so much fun!
My son is going to try to take The Boxtrolls Cardboard challenge, too. I can’t tell you how excited he is for this movie. We have it marked on the calendar.
Cardboard Challenge Details
- When: 8/25-9/29
- How to enter: Participants can share their creations via Twitter or Instagram by tagging their photos with the hashtag #TheBoxtrollsCC
- Prizing: Grand Prize: one (1) Grand Prize winner will be picked on September 29th and receive an “Imagination Box” for creative play, including an Apple iMac, an iPad Air, Microsoft Office, The Print Shop and Kid Pix softwares, a $500 DiscoveryStore.com gift card, and a $1000 Michaels Arts & Crafts gift card.
- Contest Rules and Regulations: http://www.focusfeatures.com/article/the_boxtrolls_cardboard_challenge
I hope you will encourage imaginary play with you kids and if you can’t make it to one of the events, still take The Boxtrolls Cardboard Challenge and enter! Remember, The Boxtrolls opens in theaters on 9-26-14.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.