Imagine a light, fluffy dessert that melts in your mouth satisfies your sweet tooth and is beautiful to behold, and you will be dreaming of Romantic Raspberry Fluff.
Add some raspberry schnapps just for fun, and you’ll have the perfect dessert for a romantic Valentine’s Day meal.
This dessert is best when made the day before, which makes it a wonderful choice for entertaining. If you would rather not use liqueur, simply substitute water or raspberry juice for the schnapps.
Romantic Raspberry Fluff
Makes approximately 10 individual servings, or one 9-inch by 13-inch serving dish.
1 package (3 oz) raspberry gelatin
1/2 cup (or 2 “airline bottles” 50 ml) raspberry schnapps
1 1/4 cups boiling water
1 large can evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (if using frozen, do not thaw before use)
1 package graham crackers (7 double crackers), finely crushed
- In a medium bowl, combine the gelatin and raspberry schnapps. Stir well and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 ¼ cups boiling water. Stir for several minutes to completely dissolve the gelatin. Place bowl in the refrigerator until it is thickened, but not set.
- Pour the evaporated milk into a metal cake or pie pan and place it in the freezer just until ice begins to form around the edges.
- With an electric hand mixer, put the milk into a medium bowl and whip until it forms soft peaks. Add the sugar and whip until well combined. Fold raspberries into the whipped milk.
- Whip the gelatin briefly.
- Fold the whipped milk into the gelatin.
- If you are making individual desserts, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs in each dish. (Champagne or wine glasses make an elegant presentation.) Fill with raspberry mixture and sprinkle with additional crumbs.
- If you are making one 9-inch by 13-inch serving dish, sprinkle about 2/3 of the crumbs in the bottom of the dish. Cover with the raspberry fluff, and then sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top.
- Best if chilled overnight, but several hours will do in a pinch.
Serve and enjoy! Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, wedding anniversary, date night in, or anytime, this Romantic Raspberry Fluff recipe will be sure to please.
Here are some other great ideas for gifts that aren’t pricey but are fun and will be appreciated. I personally love the For Lovers Vouchers.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.