Most of us know that sunscreen is beneficial for our health. There’s a large selection of sunscreen options that you can buy online and over the counter, like the ones you can find when you shop at Rocky Mountain Sunscreen and other retailers, and even those who aren’t regular users of sunscreen will probably buy some at one point during the summer when participating in outdoor activities.
There are several smart reasons to use sunscreen, and they include:
• Avoiding Sunburn – Everyone knows that sunburn hurts. You might not know how debilitating sunburn is until you have one, but the temporary affects you feel and see usually have consequences that linger into the future. Sunburn is strongly connected with serious types of skin cancer, and it also increases a person’s risk for melanoma. Children are at a higher risk of being sunburned, and taking care of their skin at a young age will lessen the risk of skin cancer in the future.
• Maintaining Youthful Appearance – Besides the health benefits we see with sunscreen, there’s a vanity reason to rub it all over your skin. The sun damages our skin causing wrinkles, age spots and premature aging. If the risk of skin cancer doesn’t convince you to use sunscreen, maybe the ability of it keeping you looking younger will. Additionally, many cosmetic companies today produce sunscreen built-in to their cosmetics so that you take care of two issues at one time!
• Help With Prescriptions – Some of the medications we take make our skin extremely sensitive to the sun’s UV rays. This makes allergic reactions and sunburn more likely to happen. When you buy sunscreen, check with your doctor or pharmacist about any medications you are taking so that you make the best decision possible.
Everyone should be wearing sunscreen. Even though some people are at a higher risk of developing cancer because of their genetics, any ethnicity can get skin cancer. People with darker complexions think that the additional melanin keeps their skin protected from skin cancer, but this is not true.
Whether young or old, sunscreen benefits every single person. The next time you hear someone complaining about being smothered from top to bottom with sunscreen, you can explain the benefits.
A few quick tips to keep in mind:
- When the sun is brightest, between 11:00 – 3:00, try spending more time in the shade.
- Always wear a t-shirt, sunglasses and hat when out in the sun.
- Use a sunscreen with at least a SPF15 (and higher is better), along with a good UVA protection.
Stay safe and play safe in the sun by using a good sunscreen product.
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.