This delicious fat free post is brought to you by Red Vines®…
I have such fond memories of licorice as a child. One of my favorite candies as a child was licorice. I still enjoy licorice today. I could eat my weight in licorice. And that would be a heck of a lot of licorice. Just saying.
To help me celebrate National Licorice Day, Red Vine sent me some Red Vines, GrapeVines (Oh. Em. Gee. The GrapeVines are so good) and Natural Vines (soft strawberry and black).
I’m not a black licorice fan, but my husband doesn’t mind, that leaves more for him.
I’ve never tried the GrapeVines before but they are my new favorite. Delicious.
Check out these licorice facts that I bet you didn’t know…
- More than 30,000 tons of Red Vines® are made each year—or more than 400,000 miles of licorice—enough to wrap around the Earth more than 16 times!
- In 2011, U.S. licorice sales topped $359 million, a 6.56 percent increase from the year before. It is part of the non-chocolate candy market, which had total sales of $6.87 billion.
- Black licorice is 50 times sweeter than sugar, and derives its botanical name from the Greek words meaning “sweet root.”
- Celebrities love Red Vines! Ryan Gosling, Snoop Dogg, Joshua Jackson, Jennette McCurdy and Magic Johnson are all fans of the classic licorice brand. Betty White even credits them with keeping her 91 years young.
- American Licorice Company has been producing in the San Francisco Bay Area for 33 years, and its Union City, Calif., factory values process before automation: The old press that delivers the dough to the first floor is still there, the second floor cook room has large kettles that fill the dough into the old large spiral ovens before being checked for quality and packaged. It also has production facilities in La Porte, Ind.
Interesting facts. Especially that Ryan Gosling loves Red Vines!
Do you like licorice? I personally can’t imagine anyone not loving licorice. Really. In fact, I highly recommend you get some Red Vines to celebrate National Licorice Day. I think every day is Licorice Day!
About American Licorice:
An industry leader in manufacturing and marketing candy products, the American Licorice Company is one of the original licorice manufacturers in the US candy industry. Since its establishment in 1914, American Licorice has brought happiness to consumers with their Red Vines®, Snaps®, Sour Punch®, Super Ropes® and Natural Vines® candy. Additional information is available online at www.americanlicorice.com.
Disclosure: I received Red Vines® Licorice to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own and may differ from yours. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.