The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy gift card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. All opinions about the timeless sophistication of the Michael Kors Smartwatch are 100% my own.
The Michael Kors Access Runway Smartwatch is everything you’d expect in a Michael Kors watch – timeless sophistication. It comes in both gold-tone, like mine, or rose gold-tone, and is all around just a beautiful watch. But the K smart watch is more than just eye candy…
With its smartphone connectivity, it lets you take selfies, access your music, ring your phone, keep track of personal goals, and more. And the round 42mm case of the Michael Kors smartwatch makes it easy to see the interface.
Michael Kors Smartwatch – Timeless Sophistication
From Michael Kors
- Makes it easier to be healthy with the Google Fit apps. Two new activity trackers—Heart Points and Move Minutes—which were designed in partnership with the American Heart Association and the World Health Organization. These evidence-based metrics measure activity intensity, and smarter health coaching makes your fitness goals more achievable by motivating you to stay active throughout your day, every day.
- Provides proactive help from Google Assistant—from viewing upcoming flight info to dinner reservations.
- Quick access to Google Pay—so you can pay with a wave at almost anyplace that accepts credit cards.
From OS by Google
- Proactive Help From the Google Assistant: Keeps you ahead of your day with proactive, personalized help from Google Assistant, even before you ask.
- Smarter Health Coaching from Google Fit: Motivates you towards a healthier life with coaching and activity tracking based on guidelines from the American Heart Association & World Health Organization.
- Maximizes Your Time: Get more done and maximize your time with more glanceable, easy to manage notifications, with smart replies to respond quickly on the go.
- Compatible with iPhone/iOS and Android.
Michael Kors Access Runway Smartwatch Features
- Wear OS by Google works with phones running Android 4.4 or later (excluding Go edition) or iOS 9.3 or later operating systems.*
- Calendar, SMS, email and social apps notifications. Keeps you updated on day-to-day happenings.
- Touch, tap, and swipe for easy menu navigation with a 1.19″ AMOLED touch-screen display.
- Stainless steel case, along with an 18mm stainless steel watch band ensures durability and an elegant look.
- Water-resistant design. Defends your smartwatch against submersion in up to 98′ of water.
- Wireless connection to your device – Bluetooth 4.1 LE connectivity and NFC technology enables simple one-touch pairing.
- Comprehensive monitoring. Tracks distance, calories burned, activity, sleep activity, heart rate and steps taken.
- Vibrate mode. Quietly alerts you to a range of notifications, such as incoming e-mails, calls, and text messages, as well as upcoming calendar events.
- Built-in battery. Offers up to 24 hours of use on a full charge for extended operation.
The Michael Kors Access Runway smartwatch is a fashionista’s dream. A classic gorgeous watch that goes from working out to a night out on the town when you can customize your dial (watch face) with ease. As of right now, there are 41 different watch faces to choose from… plenty of choices to fit your mood or outfit of the day. Told you it was timeless sophistication.
For someone like me that views a watch as an accessory, this watch fits the bill and being a smartwatch is a plus.
Setting up the Michael Kors smartwatch really could not be easier. Even if you are not tech-minded at all, you won’t have any problem with the quick start guide that is included. You can also watch step by step guides on the Michael Kors Access YouTube channel.
I love that the Google Fit apps are easy to use. And being able to monitor my heart rate anytime is nice.
Not that I plan on swimming with my Michael Kors smartwatch on, but having a smartwatch that is water resistant is a real plus since I do have my hands in and around water often.
The Runway is compatible with all your Google accounts. I love being able to sync to my Google calendar.
Even though it advertises a 24-hour battery life, that just doesn’t seem to be the case. In fact, if you use many of the features of the smartwatch on a regular basis, I find I had to charge the watch after about 10 hours of wearing/using it. The battery life does drop quickly with usage.
Although it does work with the iPhone, there are some limitations. I can see notifications for calls, texts, and emails, but I cannot answer my calls or reply to texts and emails using the Michael Kors Smartwatch with Wear OS Google.
For example, I will get a notification that I have an incoming call, but I can’t answer it on the smartwatch. Worse yet, if I touch the green phone (to answer the call) it says, “Missed call” but does actually answer the call on my phone — even when I am not in the room with my phone.
I have hopes that there will be upgrades that will make the MK smartwatch more compatible with the iOS in the near future, though.
* Supported features may vary between platforms and countries. Google and Wear OS by Google are trademarks of Google LLC. Apple, the Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.