If you’re looking for fun, edible DIY projects during the summer break, here is a easy delicious cake pop idea… Sun pops!
The kids will have fun helping you make them and they are awfully darn cute. And what a great way to celebrate a sunny summer than with sun pop cake pops?!
How to Make Cake Pop Sun Pops
- Yellow Chocolate Candy Melts
- Banana Laffy Taffy
- Black Gel Frosting
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Cake Pops
- Melt candy melts in a microwave safe bowl in 20-second bursts, stirring in between each burst on completely melted.
- Dip one end of each stick into melted chocolate and insert it into the cake pop and allow to harden.
- Dip each pop into melted chocolate and place in the refrigerator to set up.
- While cake pops are hardening, take a piece of banana Laffy Taffy and form into small triangular pieces. *For each piece of taffy, I was able to get about 10-12 small triangles from each.
- After cake pops have hardened, dip the taffy pieces into the melted chocolate and arrange them along the edge of each pop.
- Allow to set for 15 minutes to harden.
- After all of the chocolate has hardened, using the black gel frosting, draw on eyes and mouth.
Here are some things to help making cake pops easier…
Cake pops are such an easy and fun way to involve kids and no matter what your age… everyone loves eating cake pops! Now that you know how to make cake pop sun pops, you may be asked to make them a lot. Just saying.
Do you like to make cake pops?
If you click through one of these links and buy something, I’ll earn some money, so thank you.
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.