I discovered this older meme on five things you want your kids to learn before they grow up and wanted to share what I hope my son learns before growing up. So here goes:
- To enjoy being a kid – play and laugh every day because once you become an adult it may not be as easy to do with all of lives responsibilities.
- To know how to take care of himself – I want him to know how to cook for himself and do his own laundry so that he doesn’t NEED someone to take care of him. In addition, when he gets married someday, he can do his part to make it a 50/50 relationship.
- Who you are on the inside is far more important than what you wear or have on the outside – I want him to know the importance of honesty and integrity and that materialism means absolutely nothing. What is on the inside IS what counts.
- Never be afraid to ask questions – I want him to never feel embarrassed to ask a question.
- It is okay to make mistakes – we are only human and mistakes are a part of life. However, please, learn from them. Just remember to take the mistake, learn from it and grow into a better person because of it.
Okay, I literally could write all day about the things I want my son to ‘know before he grows up’. However, the rules of this particular meme were to write down 5 things so I’ll stop now. If you would like to join in and do a blog on the ‘5 Things You Want Your Kids To Know Before They Grow Up’, consider yourself tagged!
If you would like to share something you want your kids to learn share it with us. Hope to hear from you! Enjoy life!!!
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.