Looking for easy holiday treats to make this Christmas season? Elf hats are a fun and easy holiday treat and perfect for kids to make or help mom or dad make.
They are a tasty treat and so cute, too. These elf hats only require four ingredients that are easy to find. They don’t take a long time to make and you can make as few or many as you would like. Although I recommend making lots of them.
Oh, and what a great holiday treat to make to eat while watching the movie Elf this Christmas! “Elf” has become one of our favorite Christmas movies, so what a great themed snack to make.
Try the elf hats recipe below and have fun making and eating them…
Elf Hats Holiday Treats (print recipe HERE)
- White chocolate chips or candy melts
- Holiday colored sprinkles
- Red and green candy-coated chocolates M&M’s (or similar type of candy)
- Place the white chocolate chips or candy melts into a microwave safe bowl, and heat them up at 30-second intervals until the candy is completely melted, stirring often.
- Dip the bottom (open wider side) of each Bugle into the melted white chocolate.
- Holding the dipped Bugle over a plate, apply some holiday colored sprinkles to the dipped section.
- Push a red or green candy into the bottom of the dipped Bugle, and lay the Bugle onto a plate.
- Continue steps 1-4 to create even more elf hats, and then place the plate into the freezer for 5 minutes to allow the melted white chocolate to harden.
- Remove the elf hat treats from the freezer and serve.
Aren’t these elf hats adorable?
These fun elf hats will be great to take to school parties or class parties. The kids will love them and you can impress your kid’s teachers. They are great to take to family Christmas gatherings, too.
Check out these homemade chocolate covered cherries for another delicious holiday treat.
Pin these Elf Hats for later…