Who doesn’t love chocolate? Okay, I know there are a few people out there that for reasons beyond my understanding don’t, but I know most of you, like me, love chocolate.
Sweet, rich, decadent goodness. Sigh.
And I don’t know many people, especially children, that don’t love chocolate chip cookies. I know, right?
I have this chocolate chip cookie bar recipe with a chocolate ganache topping that makes the ordinary chocolate chip cookie more adult. It’s the chocolate chip cookie all grown up.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with Chocolate Ganache Topping
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Ingredients:
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 9×9 square baking pan and preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Add the extracts and stir to combine.
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix to combine. Beat in the eggs until the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the pan evenly. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Carefully remove the bars in one large piece from the pan. Place onto a piece of parchment paper.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate and cream into the top of a double boiler.
- Whisk the mixture until the chocolate is melted. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Cool for 5 minutes before pouring over the cookie bars.
Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Enjoy!