The other day I did a post about the 30 things I want my son to know about me that first saw here. Today is day one of those 30 things.
The first thing on the list is “List 20 Random Facts About Yourself”. So in no particular order here are 20 random facts about me (your Mom):
1. I wear watches even if the batteries are dead. They’re pieces of jewelry and I have my iPhone 5 to check the time.
2. I hate talking on the phone. HATE it. Which is funny, because I used to love to talk on the phone and would spend hours a day on the phone. However, over the last 5 years, I detest talking on the phone. I would prefer to text, email, or my optimum choice, talk to you face to face. With the exception of 4-5 people (my husband and son among them).
3. I have trouble saying, “No”.
4. My feelings are easily hurt. Way too easily hurt.
5. I drink coffee all. day.
6. I am a shy extrovert. Really, I am.
7. I am not organized at all. I’m the most unorganized, organized person I know.
8. I have a phobia of doctors, so I rarely ever go… even though I know I should.
9. I worry all the time that I’m a horrible mom.
10. I love food. I love to eat. I love everything about good food.
11. I make a decent income from my blog. And it still astounds me that I make a decent income from my blog. I love writing and it’s sometimes a lot of work, but worth it.
12. I love dancing. I dance around the house a lot. When I was a young girl, I dreamed of being a famous dancer.
13. I love to laugh. All my really good, close friends have wonderful senses of humor. My husband and son are so funny and crack me up all the time. I love being around people who make me laugh. And it may be only in my own head… but I think I’m freaking hilarious. 🙂
14. I’m a planner. I am not very spur of the moment or spontaneous person. I want to be, but I’m just not. My husband is the opposite. He doesn’t like to plan, and is very spontaneous.
15. I am so not a morning person. Yet, all throughout my childhood, teen years, and early twenties, I was a morning person. Now, I am much more productive later in the day.
16. I think the iPhone (and tablets, really) is the best invention, ever. I love gadgets and technology. I taught myself HTML and surprise myself at the things I’ve learned since starting my blog.
17. I love horror/thriller/mystery/sci-fi movies, shows, and books. I love being creeped out and scared. I will (and have many, many times) watch a good horror flick at or after midnight all by myself.
18. I love my family and friends. I love spending time with them. But…. I love being alone, too. I enjoy quiet time. I actually enjoy my own company.
19. I loved school. I truly enjoyed learning and to this very day, still do.
20. I love writing.
Come back next Sunday to see my answers to number two on the list – Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.
“I wear watches even if the batteries are dead. They’re pieces of jewelry and I have my iPhone 5 to check the time.”
Hahahahaha – this is verging on being a little crazy!! 🙂
Loved reading more about you. I used to have a hard time saying no. I drink coffee nearly all day long …. it fuels me.
This is so me…
I am not organized at all. I’m the most unorganized, organized person I know.
However my husband and I are opposite of you with the planning he is the planner I am spur of the moment.
We have several things in common! I hate talking on the phone, too. Even if it’s my husband. I just rather talk to a person face to face. I’m also shy, have a hard time saying no (working on this, though), disorganized (working on this, too), love horror movies, and definitely not a morning person! ~lol~
We have a lot in common! I like the term shy extrovert- that describes me well too.
Funny, talking on the phone has sort of lost it’s luster for me as well.
I could have literally wrote this myself as everything you wrote fits me perfectly lol.
I completely agree with almost every single one. You must be awesome. 😉 lol
I enjoyed learning more about you and have to say I would have said some of the same things! Looks like a lot of us are alike.
What you listed for number 1 is so awesome. It’s a line of reasoning I haven’t heard before but somehow makes sense 🙂
We have a lot in common! Except, I don’t wear non-working watches.
I love to dance and laugh too!
Great to know more thing s about you! I can only drink coffee in the morning.
We have quite a bit in common Donna! In fact numbers 5, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18 and 20 are pretty spot on for me too.
We have a lot of things in common. One thing not, I hardly ever wear a watch at all.
I do not know, I might have you beat out on the disorganization. lol
I love talking on the phone but not one of my friends does.
And I am the total spur of the moment one here. My husband has to have a plan for every little thing.
Ditto #18! Love people…when I’m in the mood. Then I gotta retreat and recharge. #introvert
I rally want to join in on this next week! We have a lot in common! I can’t stand talking on the phone too.
Great to know you better. 🙂 I am quite a fan of coffee as well… LOL 😉
What a fun post. I’ve been considering doing one of what I want my girls to know about me. I love your watch comment. I don’t wear them even though I have a fancy one. I too have a horrible time saying “no”.
How much fun is this? I too have a thing for coffee!
Loved learning more about you! I understand you on the organization thing. As much as I try to be organized, it’s just not in me.
Ok so it took me a while to get past your top five without thinking I wrote it! I have to say… I have this watch that I wear, and have been wearing for years, that has has a dead battery for at least four years. It’s so funny, because my daughter KNOWS it’s dead, and she still asks me what time it is. After the first year, I would just say, it’s still 10:20. Now, I tell her…. “10:20 four years ago.” 🙂
Ha! Love it! I met someone a few months ago who wears watches with dead batteries, too, before then, I thought I was the only person who did it. 🙂 I love that your daughter asks you the time. LOL!
I have trouble saying NO too!
I love your list. I keep thinking of doing this myself.
I can’t believe you’ll watch scary movies at midnight by yourself!
It’s true. My husband doesn’t even like to watch scary moves that much, but he wouldn’t watch one by himself. 🙂
I am a shy extrovert too!! 🙂 No one ever believes me.
Take away #1 & #16, and I could haven written this myself! I’m an anti-apple kind of gal =P
So much fun! Thank you for sharing you
So many things fit my life as well. Thank you for sharing.
Coffee all day? I hope some of that is decaf. I’d be buzzing all over.
No decaf, Cat. I can drink coffee right before going to bed and it doesn’t keep me awake.
I love watches, too. Collect tons of them but don’t wear them. Never considered just wearing them with a dead battery and treating it like jewelry!
I am a shy extrovert, too!
The funniest one to me was the first one! You wear broken watches..I did an LOL
I am quite a few of these myself. I am starting my posts tomorrow!
I HATE talking on the phone too!
Comments are closed.