I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Arla Dofino. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
My son has study hall each school day and does some homework during that time, but still has an hour or more of homework at least four nights a week. I will say though, he is learning a lot and really enjoying sixth grade.
I think all the brain power he uses each day makes him hungry. He comes home each day from school starving. I’ve been trying to find different things for him to eat for an after school snack, but our go to snack food is cheese. Not just any cheese, though, but Arla Dofino cheese. To be more specific – Arla Dofino Havarti cheese.
While he helps to make his after school snack, my son tells me about his day. During that 30 minutes or so of his day, I get so much information from him. I think it’s the best part of my day.
Havarti is a rich, creamy cheese that is perfect as is on a cracker, on a sandwich (hot or cold), or used in recipes. Since he is so hungry, he wants more of a hearty snack sometimes. Like the other day he helped me make paninis using Havarti cheese, tomato, fresh basil on a french bread with garlic infused olive oil brushed on the bread.
- French Bread (white or wheat/whole grain, or any other thick crusty bread)
- Arla Dofino Havarti Cheese
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Olive Oil (you can roast a clove or two of garlic to put in the olive oil) to brush on the outside of the bread
- Place a slice or two of Havarti cheese on a slice (my son doesn’t like his bread as thick as we do and he wants white, while ours is whole grain) of French bread.
- Place 2-3 basil leaves on top of the cheese.
- Place a slice of tomato on top of the basil.
- Place slice of French bread on top of tomato and brush with olive oil.
- Place the sandwich olive oil side down onto a panini press (or in a skillet) and brush the other side of French bread with olive oil and let your panini press lid down.
- It takes approximately 3-5 minutes.Remove and enjoy!
You can use the Arla Dofino store locator to find stores in your area that sell Arla Dofino. I buy mine at Ingles, Kroger, and Walmart.
I try to be a “naturally good” mom, by providing my son with a variety of healthy options to eat every day. Arla Dofino helps make that possible.
There’s a Snack-to-School with Arla Dofino Sweepstakes going on right now:
- You can enter for a chance to win a semester’s worth of naturally good Arla Dofino cheese for all of your back-to-school lunches
- The Snack-to-School with Arla Dofino Sweepstakes will run until Oct. 4
To enter, like Dofino cheese on Facebook to fill out the sweepstakes entry form: http://bit.ly/1tMF90g
Connect with Arla Dofino: