I predict today, March 11, 2009, that the Season 8 American Idol winner will be Adam Lambert. He is by far the most professional and seasoned contestant at this point in the competition than in all seasons combined, in my opinion.
Will it be a bit boring to sit through a whole season of American Idol knowing that Adam Lambert has it in the bag. Nah. There are other contestants I really enjoy. And I won’t mind one bit listening and watching Adam Lambert perform week after week.
Since they chose 13 contestants instead of the 12 they normally do, two of them leave the show tonight. Who will go is harder for me to predict then who I know will stay. Oh, and their song selections were Michael Jackson songs.
Who I like so far:
- Lambert, who sang Black & White will be among those to return next week. He knocked all four judges out with his performance. Simon even said "he was in a totally different league than the other contestants".
- Danny Gokey sang P.Y.T. I’ve liked Danny from day one. He is personable and has an amazing voice. I look for him to go to the finals.
- Alexis Grace sang Dirty Diana and I enjoyed it a lot. Kara summed it up when she said "you’re a naughty girl, and I liked it". She has a soulful voice that I really enjoy.
- Allison Iraheta this years youngest contestant has a smokey voice, especially for her age. Singing Give Into me she pulled it off with a soulful sound.
- Megan Joy Corkrey sang Rockin’ Robin. I hope she goes far this year, because I really enjoy her voice. She is a young mother, beautiful and has a unique sound to her voice that I could listen to on the radio.
Personally my least favorite performance last night was Anoop Desai who performed Beat It. A really bad song choice in my opinion. Anoop seems like such a sweet young man but I’m just not that into him.
Do you have an American Idol favorite? I would love to hear your opinions of 2009 Season’s 8 American Idol so far. Tune in tonight on Fox and see if my top 5 (and your favorites) return next week.
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.