It’s February and love is in the air. Honestly, I hope love is in the air every month for you. It is for me.
February is the month of LOVE, though. I find that I cook, bake, and am generally more crafty during this shortest month of the year. I have several recipes and projects planned for this month that I’ll be sharing, so keep checking back.
Today I want to share this sweet dessert recipe that’s easy and perfect for that special someone in your life on Valentine’s Day (or any day):
Valentine’s Day Macaroon Balls
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened coconut, shredded
- red dye
- 2 egg whites, lightly whisked
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 5 tsp vanilla
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Mini cupcake liners
Before you begin mixing, preheat your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add coconut, egg whites, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Mix everything together so that all the coconut is completely coated. Add one to two drops of red dye, depending on what shade of pink you want them, to the mix and use a metal spoon to get all the coconut coated.
- Grab your baking sheet and using your hands form truffle sized balls of the mixture. You are going to need to press them together tightly at this point to make sure that they stay in form while baking.
- Set each macaroon onto the parchment lined paper, an inch apart because even though they will not puff up, they do sweat.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until you begin to see some color on the coconut. Remove from the oven and let them cool on the sheet, don’t try moving them now because they will fall apart.
- Once the macaroon balls are cool they firm up and then you can transfer them into mini cupcake liners for serving.
- At this point go ahead and lightly dust them with powdered sugar– if you do this while they are cooling the sugar will melt into the balls so wait until they are entirely cooled off.
Serve and enjoy! I hope you’ll let me know if you try this Valentine’s Day Macaroon Balls Recipe!
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day dessert?
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.