I realize I have a lot of favorite things! However, my favorite things can change from month to month, week to week and even day to day. I don’t think this makes me fickle but ever evolving. I do have a few favorites that are time tested but for the most part, they change. Here are a few of my favorites for today:
- Book – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is my all time favorite book. By the way, this one is ironclad and has not changed in years. If you haven’t ever read it, I highly recommend it!
- Movie – The Wizard of Oz is also a constant fave. I have a lot of favorite movies, but my absolute all time favorite is The Wizard of Oz. I still watch it every year and having a son to share it with is a real big deal to me.
- Music – This one is tough because it does change frequently. Not the type of music (I love the 70s, 80s, pop, rock, country, bluegrass, and John Mayer is one of my absolute favorite singers, to name a few), but my favorite song can change daily. Today though my favorite song is No Air by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown. You can download the MP3 here. Check the video out!
- Website – Right now, my favorite website is mybloglog. You can read some great blogs and join a community of great blog authors.
- Food – This one is hard for me because I love to eat! I love good food and love to try new recipes. So coming up with one favorite food is difficult. I can narrow it down, for at least today, to Italian food. I think I must have some Italian ancestry in my lineage.
- Board game – Candyland. Yep, my favorite game is Candyland! I love playing games from trivial pursuit to scrabble to Yahtzee; I have always enjoyed playing board games. Since my son loves playing Candyland and we play it a lot, I have developed a great love for the game. We have at least one night a week that is game night, and if you have children and don’t play games on a regular basis, I highly recommend designating one night a week to a family game night.
- Color – Okay, my favorite color does change frequently. It usually goes back and forth between three or four colors though. I also break my favorite colors down by favorite colors to wear and favorite colors to decorate with. My favorite color lately to wear is orange; however, I don’t particularly like the color to decorate my home with.
- Quote – I have many favorite quotations. In fact, I receive the quotes of the day in my email. So this one is difficult to choose just one favorite, but since I can choose just one, today it is, “Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible – the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.”
– Virginia Satir
- Season – Well I am going to fudge a bit here but my favorite times of year are the end of spring and the beginning of fall. I love when all the flowers are blooming and the trees are full of leaves and everything is coming back to life. I also love when all the fall colors are at their best and the temperatures are pleasant (not too hot or too cold).
Okay, this is a list of a few of my favorite things. I will post more of my favorite things later. I would love to hear some of your favorite things! Hope to hear from you. Enjoy Life!!!
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.