One of my favorite vegetables is the sweet potato. It’s a hearty vegetable that has a natural sweetness that lends itself well in recipes. Now that I’m getting ready to plant my garden, I can’t wait to have fresh out of the garden sweet potatoes.
Something else I love is easy and delicious. I also love one pot meals (slow cooker or crock pot meals).
One of my favorite ways to eat sweet potatoes is baked with a little butter, but next to that, I love this slow cooker sweet potato and sausage recipe:
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Sausage Recipe
- 1 lb lean turkey sausage (you can use pork sausage)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes cut up into cubes
- 1 medium onion
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl combine chopped sweet potatoes and onion.
- Grab turkey sausage and pinch off pieces and add it to the bowl of potatoes and onion.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the ingredients.
- With a spoon mix the ingredients so that they all get coated with the olive oil.
- Add mixture to the crock pot and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
- Cook on high for 3 hrs. or until potatoes are tender and meat is fully cooked.
I love one pot meals that require few ingredients. It’s easy, less calories, economical by providing a good value meal for families, and delicious.
What’s your favorite way to eat sweet potatoes?
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.