Seven Things That Scare Me:
- Rats – Okay this is my biggest fear! I think it may be a phobia, because even the thought of these nasty creatures can make my heart rate faster.
- Elevators – to clarify, it really isn’t the ‘elevator’ per se; it is being inside an elevator with just one other person (a male). For one thing, a woman can’t be too careful now a days but also when you’re inside an elevator with just one person it is awkward.
- Ferris Wheels – I hate sitting at the top waiting for people to get off.
- Losing someone I love – this one is self-explanatory. No one wants to lose loved ones.
- Going blind – of all my senses this is the one I would hate to lose the most. The thought of not seeing my beautiful son’s face scares me.
- Snakes – not as scared of snakes as I am rats but they do scare me.
- Developing Alzheimers – or dementia. The thought of not remembering things or loved ones is terrifying to me.
Seven Things I Like:
- Creating designs – I really enjoy creating designs for my Be Shirt Happy shop!
- Rainy nights – okay not the song. I enjoy sleeping with the window open on a rainy night.
- Reading – one of my passions since, well…since I can remember.
- Laughing – I often do this at inappropriate times.
- Writing – a wonderful outlet.
- Italian food – to be honest I enjoy all good food! However, I’m slightly more partial to good Italian food.
- Coffee – enjoy a good cup of coffee first thing in the morning.
Seven Random Facts About Me:
- I was eleven years old before I learned how to ride a bike – sad but true.
- I love watching scary movies by myself – don’t get me wrong, I enjoy watch scary movies with my hubby but as strange as it sounds I do enjoy watching them by myself.
- I am stubborn – anyone that knows me understands.
- I am learning html – and not too shabby either.
- I daydream – and I dream big!
- I sing in the car – whether I’m by myself (my apologies to my passengers) or not. I have had many one-woman concerts.
- I cannot figure Facebook out – I’m trying but just haven’t got there yet.
Seven Things I Do Well:
- Decorate – I think I’m pretty good at interior decorating.
- Research – I research things all the time. I love the Internet and all the information that is at my fingertips.
- Drive – I think I’m a good driver.
- Cook – I enjoy cooking and my husband seems to think I’m a good cook.
- Remember useless trivia – I seem to retain a lot of information that more than likely would be useless to anyone.
- Dance – this one is subjective. I do enjoy dancing though.
- Make boo boos feel better – according to my son, I do this very well!
Seven Things I Can’t Do But Wish I Could:
- Speak Spanish fluently – I can speak some Spanish but would like to speak it fluently.
- Speak Chinese – I find it an interesting language.
- Know Sign language – I see a trend here. My top three have to do with communicating. I guess I want to be able to communicate with more people.
- Sew – I can sew a button on, what I mean is to make an outfit or a quilt. Really sew!
- Swim – nope I don’t know how to swim and wish I could.
- Paint – no not walls, but as in an artist. I would love to be able to paint landscapes in watercolors, etc.
- Play the piano – I would like to be able to play any musical instrument but the piano would be my first choice.
Seven Amazing Experiences:
- Having my son – The most amazing experience of my life; hands down! No experience will ever come close to this one, no matter how great.
- Meeting my husband – I didn’t say our wedding day (even though it was an amazing day), because meeting him was a unique experience. I had never met a man like him before and in fact, six of these seven amazing experiences happened since meeting him.
- Seeing Les Miserables – okay this may seem silly to some, but this was a beautiful and moving experience for me. I didn’t see it on Broadway but it was done in the round with a superb cast! I was so moved during the experience!
- Snorkeling in the ocean at St. Johns – Caneel Bay – we spent a week in the Virgin Islands and the vacation was an amazing experience, however, the first time I snorkeled in this beautiful clear ocean with hundreds of fish swimming around me was a phenomenal experience. As I mentioned above, I can’t swim, so it took a lot for my husband to convince to try snorkeling in the first place. I finally realized that I didn’t need to swim and that I could breathe underwater with the snorkeling gear on. It was like being in another world. It was so peaceful!
- Graduating from college – this was a personal goal for me. You see I was the first person to graduate from college in my family. That day will never leave me. I graduated with honors but that feeling of accomplishment that I felt that day will always be a part of me.
- Having 20+ women at my baby shower tell how they knew me… – during my baby shower, all the women there ( my mother, aunts, my two best friends, friends and neighbors), went around the room and spoke for several minutes on how they knew me and what I meant to them. It was a beautiful and moving tribute that needless to say, left me in tears.
- The birth of my first niece – my sister’s daughter (my first niece and my mother’s first grandchild) was an amazing experience for me. She had/has a special place in my heart. She grew up, moved away, and now has a little boy of her own. I wish her amazing experiences!
Now you know more about me then you probably care to but this was fun (and surprisingly hard) to do. I won’t tag anyone but if you like, leave a comment or copy and paste this post and fill out your own ‘sevens’ list and let me know so I can read your post. Hope to hear from you! Enjoy Life!!!
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.