I love making use of pumpkins in recipes this time of the year. What better time of year than Fall and Halloween? One of my favorite pumpkin recipes that I plan on making soon is a Pumpkin Roll. Since I’ve not made it yet this year, I don’t have a picture of this yummy pumpkin roll.
This Pumpkin Roll recipe is adapted from a family recipe:
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. Turbinado sugar (or regular)
- 2/3 c. pumpkin, mashed
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 6 oz. lite cream cheese (or regular)
- 4 T. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Beat eggs on high speed of mixer for 5 minutes. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
- Spread onto greased, floured jelly-roll pan.
- Top with chopped nut.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto towel. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Starting at narrow end, roll towel and cake together.
- Cool and unroll.
- Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread on cake. Roll again. Chill.
I hope you enjoy this family recipe. I made a few changes to make it healthier, and you can make it even healthier, by substituting egg whites, and wheat flour, for example. Or, don’t worry about it, and make it the way you want. Besides, how often do you make pumpkin rolls? So enjoy!
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.