It astounds me how high a home phone service plan can be. I have many friends and family that have done away with their home phones altogether and opted to use their cell phones for their home use, as well as mobile.
If you are looking for an affordable alternative to your home phone service, I have a solution for you! I recently got the netTalk DUO WiFi — the world’s first low-cost wireless VoIP telephone device.
netTALK has been the dominant leader in the VoIP telecommunications industry over the last few years with:
- The netTALK DUO, the world’s first voice-over-IP (VoIP) device and digital phone service that didn’t require a computer to make or receive calls.
- The lowest cost, flat-rate international call plans in the industry.
- Live customer service and technical support.
- Nationwide number porting.
- Free 411 Directory Assistance (U.S. only).
- Fax-friendly service.
I was excited about receiving the netTalk DUO WiFi. It wasn’t too difficult to set up, but I did need my husband’s assistance.
To get started…
- Power it up
- When connected and ready to go, the phone will ring once
- To find the IP address used, enter *41# on the phone and listen
Next, set up account…
- Go to www.nettalk.com and enter User name and password from inside box lid.
- If you are not international, enter in 911 details, address
- Next select phone number by entering in country, state, city code
- After new number is selected, you can port over the existing number if so desired
Finally set up unit
- Connect to ethernet connection on router
- Enter *41# and listen to get IP address
- Use browser, go to IP address
- Enter WiFi information
- Disconnect from router once WiFi information entered. We had to reboot device at this point to get it to work. Be sure to give it extra time to connect to WiFi, it takes over a minute. (We had to use wpa2 with aes)
Ta-DA, you are finished. Be sure to use the area code and number to place a local call, otherwise you will get only a busy signal. Overall, a bit finicky with the WiFi connection, but seems to work fine after set up. I set up a new number that I can use strictly for my blog.
Now, with the launch of netTALK DUO WiFi in major retail stores nationwide, everyone can be free from the phone company and from being tied down with cables. And, YES, you can find netTalk DUO WiFi at Target stores!
With a suggested retail price of only $64.95, which includes one year of service, setup of the netTALK DUO WiFi takes just a few minutes and works anywhere in the world with internet connection.
So now you can save money on long distance phone calls and have the ability to make phone calls absolutely FREE anywhere in the US and Canada!
netTALK also has a new and free Android App (works on most Android devices) that provides Free Calling throughout the US and Canada with the option to add low-cost international TALK credits to make calls from anywhere to anywhere in the world (with cell phone / WiFi service) without running up cell phone minutes or roaming charges. Great for traveling and keeping in touch with family and friends abroad! The app is available free at www.nettalk.com and at Google Play.
And… I have some awesome news! netTALK is generously offering ONE of YOU, my Blog by Donna readers the chance to WIN a netTALK Duo WiFi Device! One year free service included. (Value of $74.95 CAN/ $64.95 U.S.)
Open to U.S. & Canada residents. Must be over 18-years-old. Giveaway runs from 8/22 – 8/31 2012.
Enter on the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this publication. I received a product to facilitate my review. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. Blog by Donna is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment.
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.