I recently received a couple of Mocafe Matcha Green Tea samples. Yay, me! Because I’ve been researching the health benefits of Matcha green tea (I’ll do a post later on Matcha).
I know that you can make some incredible Matcha Green Tea smoothies, but I was thinking out of the box and wanted to incorporate my Mocafe Matcha Green Tea into one of my families favorites — homemade chocolate pudding.
For the record… everyone should be making their own pudding, because it’s so EASY, and can be much healthier than those store bought boxes of instant puddings (with ingredients you can’t pronounce in them).
|Mocafe Matcha Green Tea Chocolate Pudding Recipe||
- 1/3 c. honey (raw if you have it)
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet Mocafe Matcha Green Tea
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 c. milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dark Chocolate for garnish (optional)
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together corn starch, cocoa, Mocafe Matcha Green Tea, and milk until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey and milk mixture over medium heat. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Once thickened, remove from heat, stir in vanilla and butter until evenly distributed.
- Let cool briefly, and serve warm or chill in refrigerator until serving.
- Garnish with dark chocolate.
Seriously, this recipe is so easy! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
NOTE: You can substitute the sugar for honey (or a sugar substitute of your choice), and you can substitute the milk for coconut milk. If you do substitute coconut milk, then omit the butter. You can also garish with fresh strawberries or cool whip.
I recommend eating it while it’s still hot/warm. It’s so delicious!!
Oh, I want to give a shout out to one of my favorite local coffee shops, The Golden Roast!
You can check out the other Mocafe Matcha Green Tea recipes at 5 Minutes for Mom.
Disclosure: Samples were provided to facilitate this recipe. All opinions are 100% my own. This post is an entry into a contest sponsored by Mocafe and Blendtec.
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.