This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of LifeLock Twitter for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
I don’t consider myself an overly cautious person. However, when it comes to identity theft, I am super cautious. I have never been a victim of identity theft *knocks wood*, but as someone who spends a LOT of time online, I know that it very well could happen.
The type of people that steal other people’s identity are ruthless, and very, very, smart. The mere idea of someone being so invasive as to take my identity is terrifying to me. So I have to stay a step of head of them. What’s so scary, is how easy it is for your identity to be stolen.
LifeLock is a company that can help protect your personal information from fraud, theft, and other crimes. LifeLock will alert you if they detect your personal information being used. And if you do become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock member… they will spend up to $1 million to hire lawyers, investigators, and whoever else it takes to help your recovery. Now how wonderful is that?!?!
Did you know…
- The average cost per person of having identities stolen is $1,513
- Households earning $100k + per year have the highest identity fraud rate at 7.4%
- 11.6 million adults were victims of identity fraud in 2011 and a total of $18 billion was lost.
If you’re a smartphone or social media user (like me), check out these alarming stats:
- 6.6% of victims are smartphone owners
- 6.8% of victims are social media users who click on the applications
- 10.1% of victims are LinkedIn users
- 8.2% of victims are social media users who have “checked in” using their smartphone GPS
Do you have any idea how fast a professional hacker can breach your password security?
- If you have 6 characters in your password with no symbol, it only takes a professional .000224 seconds
- If you have 10 characters and one symbol in your password, it takes up to 20 days for a professional to break in.
- What would this mean to your online banking, personal information and overall privacy?
Do these stats alarm you as much as they do me? How hack-friendly is your password?
I know as someone who uses a smartphone and
addicted to a huge social media user, I could be putting myself at risk. LifeLock’s advanced internet monitoring would take a load off my mind.
Why or how do you think LifeLock could be a protection to your identity?
You can follow LifeLock on Twitter.
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.
This is a great service. It is so important to protect ourselves from identity theft these days.
those stats scare me so much. I’m so glad I’m a member of Lifelock!
I just love lifelock!
I am a member and glad I have joined their service.
I change my pws frequently and include caps, special characters and numbers. It’s kinda hard to keep track of them, though.
Identity theft is such a scary thing!
Thanks, I have been thinking about using lifelock.
Comments are closed.