If you feel at a loss as to how to help the residents of Sichuan Province in China, that was hit by an earthquake that measured 7.9 on the Richter scale, this past Monday, May 12th, I have compiled a list of organizations that you can contact. To get a sense of how bad it is there, it has been reported that in some areas 80 percent of all buildings have collapsed and officials estimate that 3.5 million homes have been destroyed in the largest earthquake to affect China in over thirty years.
- ActionAid International – Strategic Crisis Fund, 1420 K Street NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20005, 202-370-9912. ActionAid is responding to the earthquake that struck China on May 12 and is working closely with partners on the ground in the region.
- American Red Cross – China Earthquake Relief or International Response fund, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013, I-800-HELP NOW.
- AmeriCares – China Fund, 88 Hamilton Avenue, Stamford, CT 06902, 800-486-4357. AmeriCares emergency response team has been mobilized in the aftermath of the massive earthquake in China.
- Food for the Hungry – 1224 East Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034, 1-800-248-6437. Food for the Hungry has staff in Chengdu, China, only 57 miles from the epicenter of the earthquake.
- Relief International – 1575 Westwood Blvd, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90024, 310-478-1200. Following the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that has resulted in over 12,000 deaths in the Sichuan province of China, Relief International (RI) is currently monitoring aid efforts and prepared to provide additional emergency assistance when requested.
For a complete list of organizations aiding China, go to Interaction.org
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.