If you aren’t a morning person and find it hard to eat breakfast every morning, this is the perfect breakfast for you! A healthy smoothie is a great way to start your day. It is full of vitamins, calcium, fiber, and antioxidants. If you are always running late so you skip breakfast, you can make your smoothie and put it in a travel cup and drink it on the way to work. It’s quick and easy to make and it’s low calorie, so great if you are trying to lose weight. The best part is you can change whatever fruit you use so this recipe never gets boring. Try it out:
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 frozen banana, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered protein supplement
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seed or 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries or fruit of your choice
- In a blender, blend the milk, yogurt, banana, protein supplement, flax seed, honey, and strawberries until smooth.
This smoothie will keep you satisfied and is great if you tend to skip breakfast. You can take whatever fruit you have on hand, cut it up, put it in a freezer bag and freeze the night before. You can also substitute orange juice for the milk.
Remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so get yours started on the right foot with this healthy lite fruit smoothie recipe. I hope you enjoy it! If you have a smoothie recipe share it with us. Hope to hear from you! Enjoy Life!!!
Donna is a Content Creator, Marketer, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, former teacher, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.