If you wake up in the mornings feeling bloated and achy, you may want to try these tips that were discussed by Hoda and Kathie Lee on The Today Show this morning.
Things to do to keep that bloating down are:
- Eat less salt – salt causes us to retain water.
- Drink plenty of water – water flushes out impurities.
- Eat plain yogurt – don't get the sugar/fruit already added. Eat plain yogurt and add fresh fruit to it if you like.
- Lettuce – eating lettuce is good to eat if you have bloat issues. It has lots of water.
Things to avoid or ingest in small amounts:
- Beans – beans are great for you but if you are prone to getting gas or bloat, don't eat in large amounts.
- Sugar – honestly there is nothing good about sugar. They break down too quickly and ferment contributing to gas/bloat.
- Carbonated beverages – any carbonated drink will cause gas and/or bloat.
- Eat slower – eating fast contributes to gas and bloating.
- Chewing gum – when you chew gum you are swallowing a lot of air; which in turn, can cause bloat.
I hope that if you do happen to be one of the millions of people that suffer from bloating, you'll be able to find these tips helpful. Here is a great site that includes a diet for gas and bloat prevention.
Donna is a Professional Blogger, Brand Ambassador, Social Media Consultant, Freelancer, wife, and proud mom. Blog by Donna encompasses all that… she writes about family life and being a woman while weaving in articles about the brands and products she and her family love.